Wednesday, October 19, 2011

Ann has Sisters AND Brothers

This morning after we'd finished school early and I had a rare chance to go up into the playroom and just sit and play with the kids for a long time without having to hold any crying kids or nurse the baby. Addi, KK and Liv were playing at the desk with their toys while Mia was playing chewing some non-hair toys, and Brubbs and I were smashing horses into each other and laughing. Then I heard this conversation.
KK: "This is Ann's Sisters! Aren't they pretty!? Look at all of them, Sister!"
Liv(said with a blunt voice): "Yes, Emma Claire. They are all sisters."
KK: "They are the ancestors."
Liv(with a giggle): "Yeah,"
KK: And THESE are the AnBROTHERS!"
Liv: "What?!?"
KK: "The brothers! The ANbrothers and the ANcestors!! LOOK they are all lined up behind ANN!"
Liv(said in her best patient teacher voice): "Emma Claire. There aren't any anbrothers. Ancestors are dead people who are in your family before you. It's not brothers and sisters of a girl named Ann!"
KK: "Well, they can be dead too. Watch."(Knocks toys down.) "HA!"
Liv: "OK. Emma Claire. I'm not going to argue, but I'm right. There are no anbrothers."
KK: "Well, OK, but THESE ARE anBROTHERS and they are dead!"

I love these two. My big girls!

2 comments:

  1. What a great reminder to me to just sit with the boys! Is this is struggle for you? It is for me. Great post!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it, love it, love it.

    ReplyDelete