Monday, January 31, 2011

We're Gonna PARRRRR-TEEEEE!

We had Isaiah's birthday party on Saturday. It really turned out cute! We were on a small budget, so I handmade most of the decorations and ended up having a lot of fun getting it all together. Here are a few pictures.

The invitation. Just in case you didn't see it yet.

This is the little emblem that I designed to go on everything.


I printed these out and pasted them on the backs of 4X6 pictures of Isaiah to give as party favors since it was a family party and I knew there weren't going to be many kids for "real" party favors.

And now for the party pictures.=)

Sweet Brub right before the party. He wasn't feeling well and looked all puffy, but he's still smiling!
I made the banner from two types of scrap booking paper which was on sale at hobby lobby and white card stock that we already had. It made me want a cricut as I hand cut each letter out, but it ended up looking SO cute!

Sweet brother. His shirt was an iron on also on sale at Hobby Lobby for less than $2.50.
I got the plain white shirt there for like $3.99. He also had on birthday boy shoes that I got at Babies R Us back when he was a newborn for $1!

The office set up to seat our guests while they eat.

The party table!! Snacks included: Animal crackers, pop corn, roasted peanuts, white chocolate dipped oreos, rock candy, dipped pretzel rods, jelly beans, grapes and blue berries, punch, cake, and ice cream.

The cake we made! I thought it turned out pretty cute and it matched really well.

Another picture of the party table.

Punch made from green Hawaiian punch and ice cream.

Green and blue jelly beans. The dang candy was the most expensive thing in the whole party!

Blueberries and Grapes

Rock candy.

White chocolate dipped oreos. WHAT A MESS, BUT GOOOOOD!

Isaiah's smash cake. It matched the little emblem I designed perfectly thanks to my cake decorating husband!

The party favor bucket. These pictures had the thank you notes on the backs. You can also see the dipped pretzels in this picture.

Momma, Daddy, and the party animal after he'd been changed from eating cake.

More pictures to come of the actual party tomorrow. For now I have minds to mold and children to train...

1 comment:

  1. oh my stars! you should hire your services out...this party is so stinkin' cute and fun! love the rock candy and lil tags that go on everything!

    ReplyDelete