Tuesday, September 20, 2011

I'm BAAAAAAA-ahck!

So, as I promised to several of you, I'm back in the blogging world. We've had such a crazy crazy few months, but blogging and keeping a record of our life is very important to me and I love it that some of my ideas are helpful to some of you too!We have such a busy life right now. We are still homeschooling, so with Olivia in 2nd grade and the two little girls in pre-k along with two other babies under 2, I'm lucky to still be standing by the time Scotty comes home!=)
I've been trying to find a place for myself in the sea of littles around me. I know in this season of life I'm supposed to be the CEO of my home and family, but I am a social being and love having a support team to help me make it.=)It is important for each of us to have something that helps fill our cups. This week I'm planning to start attending a local ministry called mom2mom, and next week I'll start MOPS for the first time. I'm not sure why I've never been a part of MOPS before, but I'm REALLY looking forward to my time in both ministries.
We just returned from a 10 day vacation to Walt Disney World! We decided when Olivia was tiny that we'd go each time one of our kids turned 5. It was, as you can imagine, CRAZY, but fun. I was not prepared for the noise level! I mean, 5 kids in one car for 14 hours can make some serious NOISE!! It was a fun trip though and we made it through. I'll be posting some Disney tips later in the week, but for now a few sweet pictures.


Mia(our 4 month old) was wonderful. She hung out in the front pack on Scotty most of the time. She's just go to sleep when she was sleepy, then wake up and watch everything. She slept well in the pack-n-play and kept her nursing schedule while we were there. I was so glad she did OK while we were there.

Isaiah LOVED the characters SO SO much! It would totally crack us up because he'd just run up to them and kiss and hug them over and over again. He didn't like being in the stroller. He'd rather be running around, but because of all the people we had to keep him strapped in! He got LOTS of kisses from the female characters.=)

Addison was a little toot. I think she's having her terrible twos a year late. She's always been a diva, but she's really started getting disciplined a lot on her bad attitude, whining, and yucky mouth. I think she's going to be our child that likes to press the limits and see what she can and can't get away with. She LOVED anything princess and stood in line in the pouring rain for over an hour to meet her favorite, Rapunzel. She loved being in Disney. She loved getting to be a "big girl" sometimes and going to stuff with Liv and EmC.
Poor Emma Claire spent the first half of the trip pretty miserable. We found out pretty quickly that she didn't like the hustle and bustle of Disney. She'd much rather be playing in the hotel room with her new toys she bought with her spending money. She did, however, find her Disney sweet spot on day 5 when we made it to adventure land and she met Cptn. Jack Sparrow. Wow. She was so happy she was speechless. We were SO so happy she found her happy since it was her special trip to celebrate her 5th birthday. She got to ride her first real roller coaster. She LOVED it!

Olivia, as always, was our easy going peacemaker. She loves Disney and on several occasions asked if we could move to Florida so we could go more often. She'd go nuts at parades because I'd told her if she did the characters were likely to come shake her hand(and they did.).=) She loved the pools at the hotel. She figured out that some of the Disney magic is actually pretend, which was both hard to watch and fun to include her in "adult" conversation. Love that sweet girl.

I look forward to sneaking back into the blog world. Later.

No comments:

Post a Comment