Saturday, October 1, 2011

New-Tell-UH!

So, I'm hooked. No, Seriously! I. Am. Addicted to Nutela. It's taken a while for me to catch on to the craze because I don't buy anything that's not on my shopping list. Several months back I got a coupon to "try nutella." I thought, "Ehh, OK. I'll give it a try. It might be a fun topping for toast instead of honey." I picked up a jar with the rest of my groceries and it sat in my pantry for several days untouched. And then, it happened.
I was looking for a late night snack and all I could find was fruit. While I try to maintain a lifestyle of healthy eating, there are some nights when I just really need a good snack after all the kids are in bed.  ANYWAY, back to my FANTASTIC story. SO, all I can find is fruit. I was out of my homemade Chocolate syrup, but I remembered the Nutella, so I thought I'd give it a try on my fruit. I sliced some banana and strawberries and plopped a spoonful of Nutella into the bottom of a little sauce bowl, and sat down. Taking a piece of the banana I casually took a bite and then, in a sudden flash of light, I WAS IN HEAVEN. A little bit like peanut butter, but a little like chocolate and a LOT good.
After that I started trying to think of different ways to eat it. I've had it on toast, on a spoon, with a banana, on a spoon, with apple slices, on a spoon-just about anyway you can have it. I LOVE IT! If you haven't tried it, you should! AND, if that wasn't enough, Kroger recently started making it in their store brand, so you can get it for a fraction of the cost. Go. Buy it. Eat it. And live happier.

1 comment:

  1. B/c of your husband, we now buy the store brand! My fave is on graham crackers or with strawberry spread on a biscuit... We ran out today. Nutella has become good reason to make a kroger run at our house!

    ReplyDelete