Monday, January 30, 2012

My House is Clean AND Happy!

Last night someone said the phrase I hear a lot, A messy house is a happy house(or something of that nature). That phrase drives me NUTS! It seems people think that a CLEAN house is an UNHAPPY house. That those who have clean houses spend all their days cleaning things up and keeping their home clean. That they don't have time for anything else and a clean home is their #1 priority. Hear this. You DON'T have to compromise a tidy house to be able to play with your littles and keep folks happy. In fact, I'd go so far to say that a nicely organized house is a happy house. You can quote that once your house is organized and your family is, indeed happy.
NOW, what I'm saying is take how ever long it takes to get your home in GOOD working order. I'd say it'll probably take about a day per room, maybe less. Once there is a place for everything and everything is in it's place cleaning the house usually takes no more than an hour a week and that's for a nice deep clean. I'd bet that the family whose home is not tidy spend more time than that simply looking for sock matches, homework, and library books under all the piles of unfolded clean laundry piled on the couch you haven't seen since the your baby was born, 5 years ago...
I'm not trying to be harsh or point a finger at those who enjoy their messy homes. I just want my readers to know that you can have both a nice tidy home AND still have time to teach and play with your children. Even more time, if you ask me.
Want tips on how to do it?
Stick around. They're coming up...

No comments:

Post a Comment