Friday, February 3, 2012

Swamp People Taught me That

I've mentioned that we recently bought a smart TV. We've been really pleased with our purchase so far. Because it's wifi we are able to stream netflix, so we've been watching tv series on there after the kids are in bed. We started with Friday Night Lights, which I recommend. It's a great picture of marriage and has so many truths about manhood. I loved watching it along with Scotty. I even set up a finale watch party complete with face paint, posters, and pizza. So much fun.
Next we watched Sister Wives. WHOA. I've always thought polygamy was so fascinating. NO, I'm not saying I agree with it AT ALL. I'm just saying I've always thought it was interesting to see the way they live and how things work. Not sure I'd say I recommend the show. It's just...interesting.
We started watching Swamp People this week and I must say, I LOVE IT! At first I thought I might not be able to watch it because I am scared of lakes anyway. I was worried watching people kill alligators out of swaps would give me nightmares, but I'm learning(for me anyway) there is much more than just killing gators. I love watching the father/son teams interact. It's actually been really good for me to stop and think about how I interact with my kids and if I am speaking life into my kids or not. There is so much criticism coming from the father's on that show. I know they love their sons, but it's often hard for the sons to see it. Do I gush out love for my kids? Do they know, by how I interact with them, that I love them? Is Christ pouring out of me like an overflowing fountain? I know it might be a stretch, but I really feel like sometimes the Holy Spirit uses the most unlikely things to get our attention. So, I guess Swamp People taught me to slow down and love on my littles more. Now, don't be a hater until you've seen an episode!

1 comment:

  1. You guys need to try out Parks and Recreation. HILARIOUS!

    ReplyDelete