Thursday, May 24, 2012

Blue Eyed Beauty

Genetics are a strange thing. When two people who come from different families get married and start having kids you just never never know what the offspring will look like and be like.
My Addi is a great example of this. Manly and I are both brown eyed. I have very dark hair, while Manly sports a carrot top. When we started having kids I just KNEW we would have all red headed babies. That just hasn't been the case. So far we have every shade of hair from brown to white, and one green eyed girl, two brown eyed kids, one grey eyed girl and...Addi.
Addi has the most beautiful blue eyes. Both of our mother's have blue eyes, so I guess that's where it comes from. Her hair has also ALWAYS been blonde. I'd NEVER seen a blonde haired baby before in my life, but Addi came out with bleach blonde hair! The nurses went on and on about how crazy it was!
This picture was taken the day she was born. I know she looks likes she's a couple months old!
Is she not the cutest stinkin' baby you've ever seen! This child came out ready to party! 

I was so worried she'd outgrow her pretty blue eyes. Most babies are born with blueish eyes, but they change as they get older. Since Scotty and I were both so brown eyed I just knew Addi's would change. Well, they didn't and she's still out little feisty blue eye, blonde haired beauty. This girl is a diva through and through. She wants to look "fancy" everywhere she goes. She's usually wearing a dress and sparkle shoes. Sometimes I try to fight the fashion battle, but most of the time I just look for sparkle shoes in all different colors on sale so that she'll have several pairs to match her clothes instead of wearing the RED ones all the time. Ha!

Addi wanted to wear this dress on Sunday and wanted her doll to wear the matching one. She asked me to fix her hair AND her dolls hair "ess-act-ly the same!" I already have 6 heads of hair to fix, but decided that one more wouldn't hurt(Don't read into that statement. I'm NOT pregnant-for the 100th time). They looked SO cute. This is post church, post lunch, and post hairbows falling out.
What you can't see is that they were both wearing red shoes too. Of course Addi's were sparkly.

Sweet silly little thing. She is also TINY. None of my other kids were ever small like she is either.


These next two pictures were so cool to me! I was outside playing with the kids and was taking pictures of them when somehow I caught a FLY in motion in front of my camera. Isn't that weird!?

See those blue eyes. Whoa! So blessed by this little beauty. It's exciting as I watch her bloom into the little lady God wants her to be. Love you, Addi.

No comments:

Post a Comment