Thursday, July 19, 2012

Does Everybody Know What Time It Is?

When I was a kid my parents used to watch Home Improvement. I'm sure most of you have seen it before too. You know that girl, at the beginning, that comes out and yells, "Does everybody know what TIME it is??" These days that phrase can be heard twice a year around this house. Once in late summer/early fall, and once in the spring, when it RHEA LANA'S SEASON!!

I have blogged about my love for children's clothing before, so you know that I LOVE consignment sales when it comes to buying clothes and other fun stuff for my kids.
This year I have big plans for getting some things for Manly's new office. Because he sees a lot of kids, I'll be looking for some fun things to keep kids busy. I always find lots of fun educational toys for my kids there, so I know I'm likely to hit the jackpot for TONS less money. I'm also going to be looking for some cute kids furniture. We've always had good luck looking for storage bins and cute kids furniture at Rhea Lana's
I still remember my first ever early shopping sale as a mommy-to-be. I was HUMONGO pregnant with KK, but determined to shop the sale! I got there early, stood in line, and when the doors opened I flew through and started shopping. My eye caught something in the corner, as I got closer I realized it was an amazing loft bed with both mattresses. We'd been looking at buying one for Olivia, but because of prices being over $1000, it just wasn't a possibility. When I saw that there was one almost exactly like the one we'd priced I ran over to see what the tag said. I actually screamed out loud when I saw that the tag read $200. Seriously?! I COULD NOT believe it. Want to know an even more amazing part? Several years later when we needed TWO sets of bunks for the girls room we were able to sell that SAME bed we bought for $200 for $500 and buy TWO sets with our earnings. Such a blessing!
I have also been personally blessed by Rhea Lana herself and the amazing RL family. For several seasons I worked as a manager for the sales. The rest staff and workers were always such an amazing support system for me. Calls, emails, and even meals when Mia was born were all such sweet blessings to me. If you are interested in working the sales, it's a GREAT way to meet other moms, and get the added bonus of shopping early. Each sale has a special section on the website to sign up to work a shift in the store, but there are lots of other ways to earn an early shopping pass as well. Just check the site for your local sale for more information. Either way, I would encourage moms to get involved as much as you can and get to know some of the fun staff and workers for the sales.
I know that Rhea Lana and her staff really care about giving the best for less, and they are committed to giving mom's the BEST experience possible while they shop the sale! Don't know if you have a sale close to you? Check the website. With sales in 20+ states, chances are there's a sale close. If not, you might chat with Rhea Lana about starting a franchise. She has a fantastic group of franchise owners throughout the US that hold successful sales from the beginning.
You for sure want to connect to Rhea Lana's via facebook. This is a great way to be sure that you'll be up on the latest news for sales near you and around the country. This is also the place where you'll get fun coupons, and early shopping passes. A lot of times they will even do a special treat for checking in on facebook while you're shopping, so be sure to "like" the sale!
With one of our local sales coming up next weekend, I better get off of here and start making my list! Enjoy!

1 comment: