Friday, July 27, 2012

Home is Where Your Pictures Hang!

Stepping foot in my home proves two things: 1. I think my kids are beautiful. 2. I love to take pictures of them.
My home is not decorated as nicely as I'd love for it to be, but one thing is clear as you look at the walls of our home. We love these precious babies the Lord has given us.
I love the sweet personal feel hanging snapshots gives to a home. You can do this in a cheap easy way, or go all out with expensive boutique frames and expensive professional prints. Either way, family photos tell the story of the family who lives in the home.
Here are a few of the photo displays in my home.

This is the view from our front door. I love that if we have the blinds open you can see these pictures from the road. It makes me smile to come home at night and see the lamp on and the pictures shining. So many memories on this wall. Some are snapshots, some are professional, some are old-fashioned JCPenney pictures from 2004! I love it when guests come in and go straight to see all the memories caught on this wall.

Another view of the pics. I used all sorts of frames, and I think id adds to the look. Having all the same frame would work too, or having all black or silver or something, but having a hodge podge just really makes it more about the pictures instead of the frames.

This is at the bottom of the stairs.

This display is in the foyer right inside the door. These are also Lulu pics.
Some of my all-time favorites of the kids.

These frames were bought all second hand from Goodwill and Salvation Army and spray painted the same color. I love this display of our Lulu pics.

This is one of my favorites. I wanted a pretty jewelry box, but didn't want to take up a lot of space with it. Several years ago Manly found this one and it's just perfect! It hangs in the foyer of my bathroom. The pictures inside are from our 5 year anniversary. I took them myself with a tripod and a camera timer!

A peek inside. Yes, everything is in color order. What of it? Ha!

I found this wicker shelf on a curb alert! Yes, for free. I just added pics.

So that's a "snapshot" inside our home and how we do pictures.
If you're visiting from Kelly's Korner come back and stay a while!
Be sure you check out my "Home Brewed Smittle" series.
 

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting, Leslie! This is exactly what I'd love to do on our stairway one day! I have tons of pictures of the kids (school pics, sports pics, snapshots, extra professionals, etc.) that I'd love to have framed like this. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love that gallery wall up the stairway and the one with all of the white frames! Slowly but surely I'll get photos hung on our walls!! Thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just LOVE your blog! I am always on the lookout for other Christian mommas who love their little ones. I just spent a couple hours going through your links and what a wonderful blog you have. I will be reading. Thanks for sharing God's blessings in your life with the world

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally agree. Photos make it a home and personal space. I think it gives the kids a more secure feeling, too, when they see photos of themselves and how much they are loved.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You've just reminded me how much I need to update. We still have 5 month old Carson hanging everywhere b/c that's the only time we've ventured to have professional pics done.

    ReplyDelete