Friday, December 21, 2012

Christmas Through the Years

I thought it'd be fun to look back at some family picture through the years. Here are a few of my favorites. They only go back to 2007 because that's when I got my first blog, and I haven't stored all my pictures anywhere else(other than their original data cards). It's also when I got my first digital camera. SO, here you go:

2006
This picture brings tears to my eyes. My sweet Grandfather with KK and Lulu on Christmas Eve.
 
A picture from one of the last times we went to a studio for pictures. LOVE this one.
CUTEST little smile. Lulu so SMALL!
 
KK was so tiny. This was the first time we got her out of the house. Being a premie born in the winter was rough on her tiny body.
 
 
2007
This is Lulu and KK. KK looks like Mia in this picture.
 
Sweet cutie KK. That girl was/is such a doll baby!
 
My sweet sweet beautiful Livi.
 
Our family Christmas 2007. I'm soo cool. Ha!
 
2008
I mean, SERIOUSLY! One of the CUTEST babies EVER! My Addi hardly sitting up on Christmas Eve. This was our first Christmas back in our current town.
 
All bundled up to see the lights at Garven Gardens.
 
Manly and me looking cold under the lights.
 
Love this picture of Manly and the big girls(who at that time were just "the girls.").
 
Love this picture of Addi. Manly said she looked like George Bush! Ha!(I only remember that because I wrote it on the facebook picture not because he said that a lot. Just in this picture!)
 
2009
The girls looking silly. KK's sporting a classic KK face.
 
In their Christmas Eve PJs.
 
One of my favorite Christmas pictures. Ha! It's HARD to take a good picture of more than one kid at a time! Look at all the BLONDE hair!
 
The last year of only sisters. One month after this Bubby was born!!
 
2010
The kids show just how easy it is to get 4 children in a tree box.
 
Cutest boy in all the world. He'd pull on my legs and say, "Muuuuhmuhhhh!"
 
Our family.
 
In our PJs for Christmas Eve.
 
KK looks so little. Addison looks like Mia. Brubbs was a CHUNK!
 
Classic Santa shot.
 
Sweet Brubbs. Seriously CUTE in his PJs.
 
2011
My silly Smittles. This is the year we added Mia Jane. Brubbs feathered hair is so stinkin cute!
 
My oh MY! He's so cute!!
 
I guess this is the year KK decided that smiling for the camera was the boring thing to do! Ha!
 
Our family riding the Polar Express. Yes, that's a shiner on Brubbs eye. Who knows????
 
Me and my babies on Christmas Eve!
 
LOVE this one!!
 
2012
The kids all dressed in their Christmas(y) outfits.
 
The caption of our Christmas card was simply "Blessed." That's the ONLY word that comes close to expressing how I feel to mother these littles. Thinking about adding to our family in the coming year makes me giddy. Sure there will be added stress, and it will be tough, but God has blessed us over the last several years with these beautiful blessings and I can't imagine MY life any other way. God bless you and yours this Christmas Season.
Thanks for being part of our journey. I love knowing you are reading.
Love,
Leslie Smittle
 
Signing OFF until after the New Year(other than to post for Home Brewed Smittle on Sunday)

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog and how focused you are on the blessings in your life, but that you are down to earth and a normal mom of little ones. Praying for your family in 2013 :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVED seeing this progression! I remember when you were on Xanga. :) We weren't friends on their, but we had lots of mutual friends, so I saw your comments all over. :)

    ReplyDelete