Sunday, February 3, 2013

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 36. 4 to go.

Each time I pass the 36 week mark I praise the Lord for making it that far. After having a very sick KK at 36 weeks, I'm so thankful to make it past that marker. I'm feeling GREAT. I had gotten to the point where I was EXHAUSTED every minute of the day, but I think I've gotten my last burst of energy before the end.
This past week has been a busy one! Monday was MOPS. Manly had surgery on Wednesday, and still worked a CRAZY busy week. I had my 36 week risk assessment on Thursday which ended up being the disaster of the year. AND, my BFF had a bachelorette party on Saturday evening. Not to mention praise team, AWANAs, grocery shopping, taxes, and Rhea Lana's prep. We have another busy week ahead. I actually kind of like the busy schedule because it makes the days fly by.
I can hardly wait to hold my precious baby! We've decided we want him to have dark hair(like mine) and blue eyes(like Addi). I just love that combo, and we don't have any kids with dark hair, so I'd really like to have at least one. I'm assuming we'll have another strawberry blonde though...We'll see.

We got our car seat this week! I was GIDDY to get it and have it ready. We decided to go with this one.
The Safety 1st onBoard35 Air Infant Car Seat in the Great Lakes pattern. If you've read my blog for long you know that I HEART turquoise! This blue is SO pretty! It looks so nice and comfy too! One of the biggest reasons I loved it was it's nice deep seat and sleek narrow build. Since we're going to have 6 car seats in the car we really needed it to be sleek so that everyone else can fit. Dude, SIX car seats is a LOT of car seats! But you know what? In two more years I will have potty trained SIX kids in TEN years. AND, I'll be 33. WOWZAH!
So, 36 weeks. That means that at the end of this week Eli will be considered full-term. I'm still hoping to make it to March, so I'm not ready for him to come yet, but it feels good to be getting close. I read on babycenter that he's likely gaining an ounce a day(which explains why I'm hungry ALL the time!) and is probably over 6 pounds and about 18.5 inches long. They say that's about the size of a crenshaw melon. Whatever that is!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment