Friday, July 12, 2013

Addi's Zebra Minnie Party

My Addi loves all things fancy. When I first mentioned her having a Minnie Mouse party since this is her year to go to Disney World her first response was, "ONLY if it's FANCY!!" After she thought about it for a while she decided she wanted me to make a Zebra Print Minnie Mouse party for her. So, that's just what I did. I love the challenge of a fun party theme!
I was surprised at how easy it was to come up with stuff. There is zebra print stuff EVERYWHERE right now, so I didn't have any problems finding cute things for the party.
I made her invitations with pink and zebra paper I found on sale for 50% off at Hobby Lobby. I just googled Minnie silhouette for the Minnie face at the top. I attached it with the double sided foam dots to make it stand out. I got the free font online so that it would match the Disney font. They turned out really cute. I accidentally ripped this one getting it out of the envelope. 
 
I also go the cute matching envelopes on sale. Sorry this pic is blurry. My camera is on the fritz!
 
I used my old party wreath and just added a zebra and black Minnie Mouse with pink sparkly bow and toile poking through. I thought it ended up being cute and Addi thought it was very fancy. 

My cutie pie birthday girl with her Minnie ears AND birthday crown. I made the banner from two pink prints, a darker pink solid, and zebra letters. I used toile and zebra print ribbon to attach the banner. It turned out SO cute!! Addi LOVED it. I left it up for a couple days so she could enjoy it.
 
The food table was simple. I'm really trying to start scaling back on parties, but since I love doing them so much it's really hard. I just got the cheapo table cloth for .99 then added zebra wrapping paper(which I got for 40% off at Hobby Lobby). We had watermelon which is Addi's favorite fruit, oreo's which are her favorite cookies, zebra pretzels, punch, and cupcakes.
Just almond bark. Manly actually made these. Woot!

These cute little dears didn't turn out quite how I wanted them to, but they were still really cute. Hot pink icing, and white icing. Cupcakes were "zebra"(marble). The ears are mini oreo's, and the bows are made out of sugar sheet. That stuff was a MESS! I thought it would be a lot easier to get it to move around, but apparently it was too dry, and it just kept breaking. I ended up just using scissors and cutting the bows from the sheets and placing them on there. They have these in all different prints and solids, but honestly I don't really recommend them! Just use fondant or something if you'd like to do these.

A close up of the cupcakes. I bought the zebra cupcake liners at Hobby Lobby.
The dining room. I don't usually buy packaged stuff for parties because it's always cheaper to just make it, but this time I got for sets of ears and found stickers and glitter glue(something I HATE, but needed some for the activity) to decorate.
 
The kids loved making their own ears. See Isaiah wearing his other pair? So cute!!
 
The little ears were so cute on!
 
How stinking cute is this little mess?!
 
I put out all of our ears from WDW as décor. I had planned to wear mine, but ended up forgetting to put them on until it was too late. I also had a SUPER cute apron I was going to wear, but it sat in the dryer waiting to be worn! MAN!

Before we begin a party Manly always prays a prayer he has written out for each of the kids. I'm so proud to be his wife. He's such an excellent father.

Addi waiting to blow out her candle.
 
My handsome big boy.

My sweet baby boy(and mom and granny).

Some of the kids eating.

Addi with our Minnie head. We made this for Olivia's 5th birthday, but after a little fluffing she was still in pretty good shape. We used her to play pin the bow on Minnie. Huge hit!
 
 


cut the bows from leftover paper.

Addi's best friend was able to come to the party. She was so happy! 

 
Such sweet girls!

Addi was SO excited about this gift! Her Aunt Teresa and Uncle Bubba hit it out of the park!! A Cinderella doll in a carriage with the horse and everything. She's over the moon over this and so so thankful to them.
 

 Oh Addi Fae, Momma loves you so much! You've turned our fireplace into a catwalk and our kitchen table into a place for debates. I love your spunky personality and your desire to truly honor your mom and dad. I love how you can give just about anyone an honest compliment. You are one for the quickest thinking kids I've ever met. I love that I can speak in short hand to you and you always understand my. You melt hearts and unfortunately for your dad will one day turn heads.
We love you, Sassy Pants!




No comments:

Post a Comment