Wednesday, March 19, 2014

These are a Few of Our Favorite Things

We are in NO way trend setters. I mean we wear mostly second hand clothes which means we are at LEAST 1 year behind the latest fashion. I'm cheap, so I only buy what's on sale, so that usually means we don't have the latest and the greatest. AND, we just got semi-smart phones in September. It was at that time we were even able to TEXT. HA! Yeah, we're mostly un-cool losers. Hahaha! BUT, we have some things that are currently on our favorite things list I thought I'd share just in case you haven't tried them.
  • International Delight Coffee creamer-Chocolate Caramel

Yes yes yes. I have been anti-caffeine for the last 15 years, but I recently stumbled upon this when I bought it for Manly as a special treat around Christmas time and he said it was so good I should give it a try. I tasted one sip, then had a cup with breakfast. Afterwards Steph came to watch the kids and Manly and I went out for a morning date. While we were out around town he made several comments on how fun and silly I was being with a  little caffeine in my system. After a little I thought I decided I'd drink a small cup each morning. It gives me a tiny pep in my step, and the yummy taste puts me in a great mood! If you haven't tried this one, go get it. Well, after you read my blog. =)
  • Burt's Bees Lip Shimmer


I love Burt's Bees this time of year because no matter how hydrated I stay my lips still get dry. I love this lip shimmer because it's like lip gloss and chapstick all in one. It comes in a million colors and lasts forever.
  • Target Cartwheel/RedCard

I am SHAMELESS about telling people about Target Cartwheel. I could spend an entire post talking about the bundles of money I've saved by getting a Target RedCard(debit NOT credit) and using Cartwheel. The RedCard got a lot of flack back when Target had a breech in , but it's really great. Not only do you save 5% in the store EVERY TIME(and at the Starbucks that's attached to ours Conway peeps), but you also get FREE SHIPPING all the time. It's SO handy! You also get more time to take things back if you want, AND you don't need a receipt because they can just look it up with your card. It takes only moments to get signed up for the debit(I know nothing about the credit, but it probably works the same), and it just comes straight out of your checking account as if it was a regular debit card. Cartwheel is their newish app of online savings. You can save anywhere from 5%-60% maybe more on items you are already buying. You can use it several ways, but I always just search the offers if I'm looking to buy something in particular, (say toilet cleaner) then buy whatever brand is listed in the cartwheel offers. There are times you won't have any savings, but times when you might save as much as you spend. It's really worth looking in to if you haven't already.

  • Parenthood

Now I don't know WHAT ROCK you've been living under if you haven't had a chance to watch Parenthood, but it is the ONLY show that Manly and I watch together. It is defiantly in my top 5 television series ever. The cast is great, the story line is believable, and it's just such real current content without having to be about booze and sex. We've yet to watch an episode(which are available on Netflix and currently NBC) without tears, so be ready for that! It's a great show! Get to know the Bravermans! Tell them Leslie sent you! Ha!

  • Tide Pods

I got a free sample of these in the mail, and after the first time I was hooked. It's not just that these things are easier to use. They leave the clothing smelling extra fresh, and you only have to use one pod per load. Now sometimes if I'm doing a giant load of stinky towels I'll throw in two, but one will do the job. I say these are totally worth the extra few bucks. And hey, you could buy them at Target with your red card and cartwheel app and save!!

So, that's the short list of things we are currently loving. What tops your list?

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I'm enjoying this post! I LOVE Parenthood. We only watch it on Netflix, so I'm always behind, but man has it been a tear jerker for me. I'm also an avid fan of Carthweel! I've never been a big coupon-er, but I a thanks to Target's amazing policy. They let you stack coupons WITH the Carthweel. Love it! (=

    And I'll have to try that coffee creamer. Coffee is my love language.

    ReplyDelete