Thursday, April 24, 2014

His Plans...

Yesterday Manly and I loaded up and headed over to the hospital for my ablation. Check in went great, and I was happy to hear that they were going to bump the surgery up a hour early. They got me ready, and I went in for the procedure.
When I started to wake up I was having TERRIBLE tremors, so the nurse gave me more meds to help with that which made me really groggy. While I was in and out of it she said, "Leslie, everything went great. You did great!" She asked if I was ready for Manly. He came in and asked if they had told me anything. I said the nurse said everything went great. He looked up at the nurse, then back and me. "They weren't able to do the procedure, babe." He says to me.  He must be wrong, I think.
I look over at the nurse who is chatting with a friend on the other side of the curtain. I say, "Maybe you can help me because I'm a little confused. You said everything went great, but my husband just came in and said they weren't able to even do the procedure." She looked about as confused as I did, looked at my chart, then apologized. Uhh, okay. Thanks nurse.
So, I went home and slept it off. Disappointed, confused, frustrated, and really sad that I wasn't going to be feeling better any time soon. I had myself a good cry, and talked with Manly about my feelings.
Today, at breakfast Manly led our family in morning worship time. He explained to the kids that the plan that the doctor had made with us didn't work out yesterday. He talked about how smart the doctor is and that even his well thought out plan didn't work out, but that God's plans were always good. My sweet Addi said, "Momma! That means that God has even better plans for you!" That's the outlook I'm going to try to have in all of this. I had my plans, but God has better plans for me.
I'll spare you the details, but afterspeaking to the doctor today I found out that there are other things going on inside of me that will need to be repaired. There were complications that kept him from completing the ablation, but they were able to do the d&c. The "plan" is to go back to the doctor next Thursday to see how things are going. From there my doctor will turn me over to another doctor who deals more with the kind of surgery that I'll need. I trust that my end result will be the same, GOOD HEALTH!
I appreciate your prayers, thoughts, calls, facebook posts, messages, meals, and giftcards so much. God has blessed me with the most amazing friends! You have no idea how much easier it is to have a good outlook when I have all of you standing behind me. Thanks from the bottom of my heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment