Tuesday, May 13, 2014

I Need You.

Sitting here listening to music for Sunday, and it hit me. I. Need. You. Yeah, I've posted about this song before. It's probably my favorite for the last year, which is saying a LOT because I have a lot of "favorite songs." BUT, the truth of the matter is, friends, we need Him.
Parenting is tough stuff. Not for the faint of heart for sure. There are days that by 7:30AM I'm beat. I feel like throwing in the towel, going back to bed, pulling the covers over my head and crying myself back to sleep.
There are lunches to fix, towels to wash, beds to make, booboos to heal, tears to dry, porches to sweep, husbands to respect, hearts to mold, minds to teach, lessons to learn...the list goes on and on. It's so easy to get "all up in your head" as a friend of mine says, about parenting. You start thinking too much about yourself  and what YOU are doing. You can have a good day and think to yourself, "Heh! I did it! We had a good day!" only to be followed by the worst day of your life and think, "What did I do wrong?!" Why? Because this little life isn't in our hands. Good thing too, because I'd be dropin it like it's hawt! Ha!
It's the days where I feel weak and cry out to the Lord that I look back on and think, "How in the world did I make it through this wild crazy day?" that really make me feel courage to get up and do it again tomorrow.
Read this, friend. There is NO WAY to parent in these current times without leaning on the Lord. There is too much badness. Too much sadness. Too much tolerance or intolerance-depending on the issue. Our sweet tiny littles are surrounded by "the world." Our MOST IMPORTANT job is to turn them toward Jesus. Teach them to rest in Him. Teach them to love Him. Teach them to rely on Him. Teach them that they NEED Him. Oh, and that goes for us too.

1 comment:

  1. Amen. I think of this song often, usually when I've locked myself in bathroom to cry and pray b/c it's been one of those days. At my house that's pretty often. Glad to hear I'm not the only one.

    ReplyDelete