Thursday, April 16, 2009

I just watched this. Geez. If I don't stay off the Internet I'm going to turn into a regular cry baby!

I watched as a 47 year old, lets face it, unattractive woman came out on stage, and in front several thousand people(as well as England tv viewers and now all of the world, thanks to you tube), said she wanted to BECOME a famous singer. The crowd jeered her as did I. I was sure I was about to hear another terrible singer waste my time. Then, the music started and her face lit up as she began to sing...
"I dreamed a dream in time gone by,When hope was high and life, worth living.I dreamed that love would never die,I dreamed that God would be forgiving.Then I was young and unafraid,And dreams were made and used and wasted.There was no ransom to be paid,No song unsung, no wine, untasted."
one of my all-time favorite Broadway tunes. But the cool thing to me was to watch the crowd change their opinion of her. She went from a laughing stock to the show star in a matter of seconds. Yes, she sang with a beautiful voice. She did a good job and blew everyone away, but the thought that I took away from watching was to follow my heart and dream my dreams.
Even if she'd had a terrible voice she was following her dream to become a famous singer! Seriously, so many times I let fear stand in the way of whatever I want to achieve. I think there is always going to be someone more talented, smarter, funnier, whatever, that will do a better job than I will. SO WHAT! At least I'll be dreaming my dreams!

1 comment:

  1. i saw that too...yeah that was something! although while she was really good, i didn't think she was just spectacular (like my mom had said when she sent me the link). HOWEVER, like you, i'd had never thought she'd sound like THAT. the best part was the look on Simon's face!

    ReplyDelete