Tuesday, April 21, 2009

Go to Sleep, You Little Baby

So, you'd think that with three small children I wouldn't even come close to having baby fever. Most people I know spend a few hours with a small child and the baby fever vanishes. Not so with me. Lately I've been ready for another baby in our home. Call me crazy, but I love having little ones in our house. I love the smell, the sounds(even tiny cries), the sweet wrinkly skin! I miss having a newborn. I wonder if Michelle Duggar is the same way. I'm sure people give her a hard time about ever wishing for another baby, but I can see where she'd feel the same way. Once mine are about 6 months old I feel like God starts preparing my heart for another baby. At first I thought I was indeed crazy, but now I'm starting to think that it's God's way of reminding me that he is in control of our family and that he will give me everything I need. Including the sanity to have yet another child in our family.
These days my womb is longing for a baby boy. I'm sort of kidding. Seriously, I'd be fine if we had all girls, but lately I've been getting boy happy and thinking what fun it would be to have a dirty boy after my three little princesses.
Now, read this, I'm not TRYING to get pregnant and I'm not going to be sad if we never have another child. I'm not going to be sad if we only have girls. I'm just sharing my thoughts. Don't send me hate mail!=)
We are having our cable turned off today and will be getting rid of our TV stuff in our garage sale this weekend. We're just ready for some changes in our family and I think that not having a TV will be the start of that. We rarely watch it anyway, and usually it's to watch a DVD we've rented, which we can do on our computer anyway. So, if you're reading this blog for the first time and are thinking "WHOA! They don't use birth control AND they don't have a TV are they weird or what?!" The answer to that question is yeah, we're weird. Aren't you!? We'd never look down on those who do the things we don't,and we expect you to do the same.
Also, if you or someone you know needs a new car or van we are selling both of our vehicles. We are really working on our debt-free campaign and selling these and getting something cheaper will help us in the long run. We're planning on having a BIG garage sale this weekend, so come by if you need so awesome stuff!=)

6 comments:

  1. you crack me up. i don't care how many babies you have if you're the one paying for them!! haha you definitely need a little boy in the midst of all that pink :)
    i didn't realize you were selling BOTH cars. so you'll then get just one, or do you have a third that i don't know about? hehe

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the same way about baby fever, but I know mentally that I cannot handle too many kids. Plus, I like the babies once they hit about 8 I'm ready to move on. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. good! we can weird together! we don't have cable, and have recently become debt-free (we hope to not go into debt again except for when we decide to buy a house), i want to homeschool my children and make them grow gardens and play with sticks instead of video games.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I know that children are a gift from the Lord and a heritage from Him. I believe if you are open to His blessing, then You and your family will be blessed. :)

    So what are the logistics of the car situation? Are you going to sell both and get something different? If so, what will you get?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I keep thinking that you will soon be announcing the baby #4!!! In the short time I have gotten to "know" you and Scotty, at least in the virtual sense, I know that you will both be wonderful parents to many parents!!!

    Also I so admire your commitment to becoming debt-free and giving up your tv! WOW!!!

    I for one cannot wait to hear all about baby number 4, be it a boy or a girl! (and on that note, I also can totally relate to wanting a different gender then what you have... whatever God blesses Jon and I with next we will be thankful for, but my hearts desire is a PINK baby! lol)

    Take Care Leslie!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay in my first sentence I meant to write "wonderful parents to many children!"

    whoops!

    ReplyDelete