Monday, July 27, 2009

How I Love My Husband and His Job

So, for those of you who don't "know" me I am the wife of a therapist. Nope. Not a physical therapist, occupational therapist, speech therapist. A head therapist. People always raise their eyebrows when I saw that. It's usually followed with some random comment about how so and so needs a therapist. Does he bill insurance. Totally cracks me up. Scotty would rather I say he's an accountant. That gets him less questions.=) ANYWAY, I am so thankful for my therapist husband today. Know why? I'm sitting up in Hot Springs FREE OF CHARGE with the girls napping in soft hotel beds while he is in a conference. Praise the Lord for this little mini-vacay!=)
Scotty works for UAMS Department of Pediatrics as a Behavior Therapist for kids with special needs. He loves his job and loves the kids he works with(well for the most part anyway.) He has excelled really fast in his few months of working since completing his Master's degree in December. At first he was reluctant to take the job as he doesn't really get to do much actual therapy as in sitting in an office with someone on your couch type stuff, but since he has started he's found the job to be a rewarding one and he is changing lives one special needs child a at time! That's why we are here this week. It's a conference for kids with special needs. UAMS and KIDS First is sponsoring the event, so while he's working we are playing! We have great plans of using our hotel indoor/outdoor pool, going to the Mid American Science Museum, and we've already been downtown to the shops and bath houses. What fun!
AND, my kids have been angels! We went into the hotel restaurant this morning for breakfast and got those glaring looks of OH MY! A woman alone with three small children! Here we go!! But, as soon as they saw how sweet my girls were they were all nice and helpful. The wait staff kept coming over to talk to us and tell me how they'd never seen such well behaved children and I must really have things under control. HA! Anyway, I rewarded their behavior with a new toy from the expensive toy store downtown. Found something under $10!!=) Hey! Don't judge. There's nothing wrong with a little bribe now and then. Especially when it's AFTER they've already been good.
More later.
L

3 comments:

  1. i'm all about bribing!! :) just consider it behavior modification - haha
    i completely understand scotty's reasons for wanting to tell people he's an accountant. such a good lie to tell... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. you could tell them he's a collection agent . . . or not.

    have fun in hot springs!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Too fun! And absolutely, rewarding after good behavior is great! :-)

    Have a great rest of your mini-vacay!

    ReplyDelete