Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Conway: Where All Your Dreams Come True!

So that title is a little much, but seriously. I've been LOVING being back in Conway these days.

Several years ago while I was in college at Central Baptist College I felt a calling to be involved in some sort of women's ministry. So much so that I typed up Bible Study invitations and attached Hershey's kisses to them and put them under the doors of every girl on campus. After a few weeks NO ONE had responded. My heart was broken, but I decided it just wasn't time yet and moved forward. Soon I got married and started having children and haven't really had time for anything for a while. After Scotty graduated from getting his Master's I knew we'd have time for me to get involved in something, but with a tiny infant at home I knew I needed to do something close to home.

I decided to look at my facebook and see if there would be some people that might be interested in doing a book club in my area. I sent out some invitations and to my surprise, people responded! We started our club with 5 people and read through a fantastic book on friendship that I would recommend to anyone interested in making your friendships deeper. I was amazed when the girls would show up every week and sit in my living room and look to me to lead the discussion on the book. I LOVED it! SO, after that group went so well I decided to start another club this summer. I invited a lot of new girls I wanted to get to know better and a few old friends that I hadn't seen in a while. We had the most fun ever this summer getting to know each other and reading another GREAT book. Last night we wrapped up the summer with a girls night out. We had such a wonderful time and I kept looking around me at all the wonderful friends God has FINALLY blessed me with thinking that my dream of having a women's ministry is FINALLY coming true. These girls had such a great time too and just watching their relationships with one another blossom and grow is amazing!! I'm so so thankful to facilitate this group of girls and would love to see this keep going!

We are about to start book club round three next week. If it's something you are interested in and you are in my area let me know and I'll get you some information. We are reading this book. We've heard it's good. It sure LOOKS like a good one. Anyway, for those who want to see them, a few pictures of my girlzz!

No comments:

Post a Comment