Monday, August 10, 2009

I Feel Sure of One Thing

Yesterday I woke up at the crack of dawn to ready myself for being at church at 7:30 for praise team practice. Unsure of what I should wear because of my ever growing early baby bump, I decided on a long black frock that would at least cover the bruises on my somewhat unshaven legs. I did have to use the nail file to erase the traces of mud under my toe nails from walking in our back yard to try to find out where water was leaking from our pool(obviously since the water was down so low that the pump was unable to move water and burned up!) the night before. I am feeling like a giant truck ran through my sinus cavity from being up in NW Arkansas for a few days, but thinking that with the help of a little sudafed(don't worry. It's safe for the babe.) I'll feel at least good enough to make it through both services. I get to church, practice, and sing pretty terribly in both services due to the fact that my head feels so terrible and my ears won't stop popping. God knows I gave my best. I'm just hoping that I didn't hurt others ears.=)
I came home and made a mediocre lunch for my family(cheese quesadilla's and homemade salsa). I finally got the chili peppers to eat their lunch and go potty and got them into bed for a nap. I then found a comfy spot on the recliner and fell asleep. When I woke up two hours later I felt worse instead of better, but fought past it and started getting things ready for our churches fellowship last night. Scotty and Olivia made some brownies for the event, then we had a nice grilled dinner(thanks to my sweet husband), got everyone ready, and headed to the pool for the church fellowship.
We got there and had lots of fun with family and friends, and then, the moment we'd been praying for since we found out we were pregnant for the FIRST time happened. Scotty had the honor of baptizing Olivia in front of our friends and family.
There are many things that I am unsure about. My health, the health of my unborn baby, the health of my children and husband, my job as a wife, my job as a mother. There is, however, something I am sure about. My Sweet Olivia's salvation. Yes, she is very young, but she is also very wise about things. Since she was a baby she's wanted to know about God and all things dealing with salvation. It seemed to blossom after her first Vacation Bible School where she heard her first "Come to Jesus" sermon. She came home wanting to know all about hell and had a steady concern for her being with Jesus in heaven. At first we tried to only give her a little info, because we didn't think she was really ready to accept Jesus as her savior yet, but she was insistent that she wanted to ask Jesus into her heart. Finally we grilled her and she got every answer right. We've been working through these with her and I think this also has had something to do with her feeling the need for the salvation Jesus can bring her. Anyway, about three weeks ago, she asked Jesus into her heart in our living room with us holding her hands. As she prayed her own prayer to her new savior her voice started to break and tears streamed down her cheeks. It was such a pure moment, not forced by us at all. We had made sure not to create an emotional atmosphere, so her tears in the moment were so sweet and beautiful. After she prayed she wanted to tell the world about her decision, and the next day she was so excited and had so much excited energy. After her decision, we talked to her about baptism, and at first she was a little nervous, but after a little thought and practice holding her breath in the pool she said she was ready and we signed her up for baptism at the fellowship at the pool. After talking about it we asked her who she'd like to baptize her and she said she wanted Scotty to do it. We talked with our pastor, and set everything up for last night. As I watched Scotty baptize her last night I was SURE Olivia knew what she was doing. As she came out of the water and took her goggles off(her only request was that she could wear goggles) there were tears in her eyes as she told Scotty, "I did it! I'm so proud of myself!" She's been telling everyone about her decision to ask Jesus into her heart. Even the people at the check out counter at Sam's know that Olivia is NOW a Christian.=) So, there are a lot of uncertainties in life, but this much is SURE, my baby girl will be with me in heaven.

5 comments:

  1. very precious
    just no words for how gracious our God is

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE THAT!!! made me cry :) can't wait til our day like that with jack!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so GOOD!!! it's hard as a parent to know how young is too young and how much they truly get but what a blessing to have a peace knowing that God was calling.

    about not being there Sunday... :( i was SICK! I'd been battling a sore throat/cough which turned into a really bad cough. I thought sure I'd be better by sunday but it has hung on. we've all been sick except Piper. I was sad to not get to sing with you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is just the best thing ever! I can't wait until this day too! She was so precious getting baptized. What a joy to watch.

    And thanks for the recipes, can't wait to try them out!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Les, that really blessed my heart. So good to hear and I know what a joy and blessing it is to you guys. :) I'm glad to know Cayle isn't the only one trying to do things a little early. He isn't quite there yet but he gets a little closer everyday.

    ReplyDelete