Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Put it on Paper and it's Real

So, yesterday we went to the ol' HoJo for a demonstration of the A Beka curriculum. We were the first people there, so we got all the time we needed and wanted. The girls sat and watched the video samples while Scotty and I looked at everything and worked out all the numbers. After about an hour we were sure we were making the right choice and walked out the proud owners of the A Beka kindergarten curriculum. Then, last night I attended my first homeschool meeting and joined! SO, it's on paper. We're homeschooling!
After the meeting last night I felt so sure we'd done the right thing. I knew there was a long road ahead of us, but we are so so excited! Now I just can't wait for it to come in so that we can have our first day of school.
We also had an appointment yesterday with my OB. Everything is looking perfect and we were able to hear the sweet baby heartbeat. I told the doctor it sounded like a boy!=) Five more weeks until we find out if Little Smittle #4 is a boy or a girl!! We'll be happy either way, but I have to be honest that I'm hoping for a boy this time. Olivia has been praying EVERY day for it to be a boy because we have, "too many girls in this house."

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad you want to be a part of CHEF. Let me know if you have any questions. Tanya Reddin

    ReplyDelete
  2. A Beka is a great program! Good, good choice! I did A Beka my junior/senior year of high school so I could graduate a year early and LOVED it!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. it's so exciting! i think i'm going to blog about our experience tomorrow! it is fun being in the same stage of life as you and tina!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Smitty-we need a new post from ya!! :)haha

    It was just precious see Oblidia getting baptized last night. (oh my sweet son, speech starts in a few weeks!!!)

    ReplyDelete