Tuesday, August 18, 2009

Randomness on a Tuesday

  • I recently heard a story on K-Love(our christian radio station) that the Guiding Light was going off the air. I was a little thrown off about why they were covering the story on the radio, seeing how Guiding Light is a SOAP OPERA. They said the show, which has been going for 72 YEARS, began with a Christan message. Apparently the whole "guiding" light was a lantern placed in the fictional church window to welcome those seeking guidance. Hmmm...Anyway, I remember working my behind off in High school just so I could be finished with school in time to watch it every afternoon. I actually also have a childhood memory of "helping" my mom fold laundry while watching it every afternoon. I haven't seen it in YEARS as I haven't watched daytime television since college, but I'm PRETTY sure the message is no longer a Christian one...AnyWAY, farewell Guiding Light. Farewell, Reba!
  • I decided to eat cereal for lunch today because I just didn't think I could get anything else down today. I got everything ready and finally sat down to the computer to eat and surf. As I took my first bite I got milk all over the place. I guess, in my absent mindedness, I grabbed a fork instead of a spoon. Really doesn't work well with cereal. Oh, to have my full brain back. These kids, suck it right out of ya, I tell you! If it's true that with each child some of your brain cells die I'll be brain dead by 30.
  • I've been thinking about writing a will, speaking of being dead. Geez! We don't have much, but I'd like to have something in writing as far as the kids go so that people don't try to fight for them. Hey, they're cute, smart kids, who wouldn't want them. Anyway, I need to get on that and get something in place just in case. Do any of you have one? How'd you do it?
  • Emma Claire has decided that she is 6. I have NO clue where this came from, but she is DETERMINED that she is NOT 2, she's SIX! She argued with me the other day that she did indeed need school supplies and a back to school outfit because she was 6 and she was going to be going to school. Ah, kids...
  • Please be in prayer for my cousin, Rachel. She's 36 weeks pregnant and is sporting a pretty high BP along with a few heart rate spikes from the baby at her last stress test. Rachel also has a rare blood disease, so the complications that go with that put her at a pretty high risk. Just pray that all will go well and that baby Harrison will stay put until he is good and ready and that Rachel's BP will go down and she'll maintain her current blood count.
  • My brother is officially a marine. He was sworn in yesterday afternoon. He scored really well on all the entrance exams, so he's really excited about a new opportunity. I'm glad for him. He's needed some kind of change in his life for a while. I'm praying this is a great one for him and it puts him on a good path for the rest of his life.
  • Don't watch the movie "Be Kind, Rewind." It's terrible. Jack Black at his WORST!
  • My house is clean, my dishes are washed, my laundry is folded, my kids are sleeping. It's time for some me time. Hollah!

3 comments:

  1. lol - i thought that movie was pretty funny. in a silly way.

    WILLS - i'm assuming you're talking about who would get your kids should something happen to you and scotty. i called a lawyer friend of mine a little over a year ago to ask this same thing. You'll need a Custodial Will - one drawn up for each PARENT. so you and scotty each - kinda expensive BUT, he says they're extremely hard to ever challenge, since it's the will of the parents. I'm thinking after this one is born, i'm going to look into it a little more and try to put some money back for it (he says it's normally $330 EACH - he was going to combine costs for us). i'm assuming it can be written to where subsequent children can be included since you don't know how many you'll have. but yeah, we've asked my sister about taking jack and this one in the future if we both kick it (praying not), but we don't want any challenges from...anyone else:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have a will. If you want the name of our attorney friend give me a call and I'll pass it along.

    ReplyDelete
  3. We have a will, too. We met with a lawyer and told him what we wanted and he drew up the papers. I'll be praying for Rachel and that all will go well with the rest of her pregnancy. Hope you're great!!!

    ReplyDelete