Wednesday, August 19, 2009

First Day of School! First Day of School!!

My beautiful big girl on her first day of school. It went really well for all of us. Addison actually took a nice nap and slept most of the time we were working. Emma Claire came in and out and took part in some parts of our learning but also sat quietly playing with blocks while we worked. Olivia, of course did great. I think she was just a little bored with some of the stuff we did today, but I thought it was important to start at the beginning so that we wouldn't pass something that she didn't know. I think in about two weeks we should be learning stuff she doesn't know(I HOPE)=) She's one smart cookie. Gotta love this sweet girl in her Back To School outfit she picked out on her own! So so sweet!!

Here both of the girls are making their snack into the letter "I." We used raisins and cheerios and pretzels to make Capital and "little" i. They LOVED this activity.

Emma Claire pushing Addison while we were playing outside this afternoon. They usually play really well unless Emma Claire tries to do something Addison doesn't like. Then they end up rolling around screaming on the floor. HA!

The girls playing(or in Addison's case EATING)chalk. Notice Olivia decided to draw "I" and "i". She wanted me to take her picture by it, but they ended up being upside down. Oh well.

Liv on her bike. She's ready for a bigger bike. She wants one with a Barbie bike too. We'll see...

Olivia in her Indian headband. She cut out her feathers. She'll need a little scissor practice, but she did a great job. She was really proud. Have I ever mentioned how much I HATE cutting things out!? I guess that's why she doesn't get much practice.

Me at 14 weeks. The baby is about the size of a Graham Cracker!=)

This is such a special picture to me! These are some of our best friends, Wes and Bailey. We don't get to see them very often because they live up in NWA. They are soul mates with us and we have SO much in common with them. As you can see we each have three kiddos, and are BOTH pregnant and DUE ON THE SAME DAY! We love getting to spend time with you, McGee's! Can't wait for you all to come down here!!

3 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to hear your first day went well. I was thinking about you guys today!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love all the pictures. Your girls are so cute! What a fun idea to use pretzels to practice letters. Very creative and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have always wanted to be pregnant at the same time as one of my good friends. How much fun is that?!

    Olivia was too cute!! :-)

    ReplyDelete