Thursday, August 20, 2009

What Goes UP Must Come DOWN!

So, yesterday was euphoric. The girls were well behaved, the sun was shining, the day was bright, the learning was in full swing. Then, I went to bed at 9 last night.
I woke up around 5 to the sound of Emma Claire getting herself cleaned up from peeing in the bed. She went back to sleep for a while on her pull-out bed we've sat up for her while she's having potty issues. At 6 she came in to where Scotty was getting ready. To keep her from waking up her sisters I told him to put her in our bed since I was supposed to be up in 30 minutes anyway. 5 minutes later in walked Olivia "scared because Emma Claire wasn't in her room." Egads. So both enter the sleeping chamber of the queen and we lay there with them both flipping around on the bed. Finally I got up and decided to try and be nice. I took a loooong shower, made a nice oatmeal breakfast, and got the girls ready for the day. School got started and things were not going well. OK. It's raining we are all tired. I'm pregnant. I'm frustrated that my kids didn't sleep. My hair looks bad. My clothes are too big. Just finding everything WRONG with the day. We took a minute to try to start over with a prayer, but like I sang on Sunday, "Have you ever looked up and asked why, and the Father seemed not to reply. Your prayers seemed to not reach the sky." Yeah. That's how I was and really still am feeling. Good thing the rest of the line is "Know God's in control." Anyway, a bad day. There will be more. There will also be more euphoric days, I'm sure of it...
My cousin, Rachel is in the hospital. They are pretty sure they will take the baby this afternoon, but we aren't sure yet. We should know something by noon.

2 comments:

  1. Bless your heart! Looks like you have had a rough day too. I will pray for you and thank you so much for saying a prayer for Drew and I. It means the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh girl I'm feelin' your pain.

    It is hard to get going today. I'm in my nightgown right now and my hair looks like trash today.

    How is it that some days are well oiled machines? The sun is shining, the house feels extra clean, the kids are obeying. Then next day it is all flushed down the drain.

    This is why I love blogs-you're keepin' it real sista!

    ReplyDelete