Wednesday, January 5, 2011

Little Blue Eye Blessing

Have you ever been so full of joy over someone you just can't explain it? You know, like when you see your man for the first time in your life and your heart tells you he's "the one"? Or you have a friend that just fills you up and you just love them so much. I love all of my children and each one of them is special to me in a different way and I love different things about them that makes each one a perfect part of our family. Lately I've been thinking about what I love most about each child and what part of their personality that I hope they hold onto for life. I've been praying for those special qualities to shine out for all to see.


That special thing about my dear Addison Faith is that she is so full of joy about life that I just can't explain it! She's just a little doll-beautiful both in and out. She's always thankful and makes sure to say thank you for everything. She's quick to talk about what she likes about you and to give you a compliment. She's a love bug and LOVES to be held and loved on and to love on you in return. She's just a JOY. I pray that her JOY will last her whole life through.

Now, that's not to say she isn't a little firecracker that is sure to go off at some point in the day. Sister's got SPUNK too! That girl will say what she means and mean what she says. She's the first to stand up for herself and others.

She's also so bright and thoughtful. Sometimes I'm amazed at what she comes up with in that little mind of hers. She can memorize scripture and her catechisms right along with her sisters. She can also remember words to songs and can, most of the day, be heard singing away.

Addison has a GREAT imagination unlike her sisters. They tend to stick to what they've seen or heard when they are playing, but Addison can come up with her own stories and just play away for as long as she pleases. I love that she is a great player. She'll also decide to be a character(usually Mary or Minnie Mouse these days) and demand that we call her by that name and she'll stay in character until she's ready to quit! That girl can make you laugh!

If you'd like to pray for Addison, you can pray that she will accept her new sister into our home. This baby will take the place of "baby girl of the house" and I'm thinking that might be hard for her. I'm also praying that Addison will use her hands to love and not hurt and that she'll use her words for GOOD to all she speaks to.

These are just a few thoughts I've been thinking over about my Little Blue Eye blessing, Addi Fae Foo Foo.

1 comment: