Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Emma Claire gives her hair

When Emma Claire was born she had minimal dark hair and by the time she was a month old, that child was BALD! I had to keep it trimmed really short most of her first year, because what hair she did have was sporadic and frizzy! Once she finally started getting "big girl hair" it was totally different. Now she has the most beautiful hair. It's a nice reddish brown color, grows like wild fire, and  is oh so thick. About a year or so ago she decided that she wanted to let it get "weeeeeeeeeely wong wike Wapunzle!" Because I wanted to see how it would look I let her grow it out from a shoulder length bob. It's been growing and growing since then. In the last 3 or 4 months it's gotten VERY long and she HATES to have it fixed. brushed, dried, touched.  Getting her ready to go anywhere is such a chore because she just hated it!
About a month ago I started looking into Locks of Love. I read about it to Emma Claire and she thought it was a really cool thing to give hair to people who needed it, and she was quickly on board to lovingly give her locks away.
I found out that our local kids salon was a sponsor for Locks of Love and that they actually did free cuts for those interested in donating their hair. I wanted to wait and go when Scotty could come with us, so we waited until Scotty was off for Christmas break and we headed over to Pigtails and Crewcuts with all the kids in tow. Emma Claire was so excited! She wanted to go first(we decided to give all the girls haircuts while we were there), and jumped into her car salon chair and told the lady she wanted to give her hair to locks of love. The beautician looked at me and said, "But it's so pretty!!" I said, "Do it now before I change my mind."
I'll let the pictures tell the rest of the story.






Needless to say we all love the change. Emma Claire looks so cute and the new style is so "her."

6 comments: