Thursday, February 3, 2011

KK la May May

Emma Claire loves food. Loves it. It seems she likes the thought of food more than actually eating, but that girl has thoughts of sugarplums dancing through her head ALL THE TIME! At one point I even talked to the doctor about her in fears of her having OCPD only for him to tell me she just liked food! Ha!

When she wakes up the first thing she says every morning is, "What are we gonna have for breakfast?" Either while she is eating or shortly after she asks, "I wonder what we'll have for morning snack?" Usually by 11 she's asking what we'll have for lunch. Then as soon as she's up from nap she's ready for afternoon snack. As soon as she hears the pans start to clang at 4PM she runs in to investigate and see what we are having for lunch. If you ever say anything about food, or cookies, or dessert. or ANY food you have her full attention.

She can smell food on your breath, in the car after we've had take out, and even from another room. This child just LOVES food. It makes me laugh and a little worried at the same time...

She's always talking about when she grows up what she's going to eat and how much she's going to eat. She'll say things like, "WELL! When I'm a woman I'm going to have Papa John's EVERY day!" and "When I don't live here any more EVERY day is going to be cinnamon roll day!" Scotty will just smile and say, "You sure could!" I usually just ignore her for now. If this is still going on in later years I may start to really worry, but for now, it's her thing...

She doesn't actually EAT much. Not many veggies. Nothing that's mixed up. No butter. No eggs. No cheese. No colas. She was the baby that would spit baby food across the room and refuse to eat. She went for months without eating until she was so hungry she'd FINALLY eat what we gave her. She's picky, yet she still wants to eat all the time.

I'm praying recently that she'll become hungry for the word of God. I'm praying that the same passion she has for food she will develop for a relationship with Christ. She is, for sure, a passionate child, and I can't wait to see her passion for Jesus. She is already so knowledgeable. We're just waiting for the right time for her to be ready to accept Jesus as her savior.

No comments:

Post a Comment