Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Olivia wants to be a Mom

Olivia, like me, was born ready to be a mother. You know the type: Those little girls that are pros at swaddling baby dolls before they are potty trained. They love to boss, love to take care of others, love to be the first on the scene when something happens. The child loves babies!
Today, while we were eating lunch she commented on how much fun it was to see Amelia growing in my belly. I could tell that she was thinking about something and a few seconds later she said, "Well. I've decided that I'm ready." At first I thought she was saying that she was ready for Amelia to be born, but then she finished her thought with, "I'm ready to get pregnant!"

After I gave myself the heimlich and stopped choking on my pasta salad I said, "Well, Olivia. Why are you ready now?"
"I really need someone who I can boss around without getting in trouble. If I boss my sisters I get in trouble and Isaiah won't listen to me!"
I gave a bit of a laugh and said, "Well, I think you'd better wait until you have a few more reasons than that. Having a baby inside you is a tough job. AND, when they come out they are a LOT of work!"
All she said was, "Hmm."
Wow. I'm not ready for this...=)

1 comment:

  1. Haha! I love it! I've been ready to be a mom since I was little, too. :)

    ReplyDelete