Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Emma Claire(isms)

So often Emma Claire will say something and I'll find myself wishing I had some paper and a pen so I could write it down. She has such a sharp mind, but that girl says some crazy stuff.

Tonight at the dinner table she was going on and on about something then it got quiet for a moment and she said, "Momma. Just how bad is hell(Only when my four-year-old who has a speech impediment says "hell" it sounds more like "he-ya'll")? I mean, how TERRIBLE is it? Cause I think I might want to go there just to see if it's REALLY bad or just kind of bad."
I said, "It's bad bad, Emma Claire, that's why Jesus came to earth to save you from your sins and from spending eternity there."
Her quick response: "I knew you were going to say that, so I decided to believe in Jesus and just go to heaven instead. But.........I would like to SEE hell some time. Badom said he saw it."

I should mention Emma Claire has an imaginary husband named Badom. He works at WalMart(because he was fired from Target) in the daytime and McDonald's at night just so he can give her free food if she wants it. He has "dark skin and is tall and wears sunglasses." He's seen lots of places and done lots of things. He usually sits in an empty chair at the table or next to her in the playroom. You can ask her all about him, any question, and she has an immediate response. It amazes me...

It's a step up from the stories she was making up two years ago when "She was a little boy who rode a zebra around the island(that little strip of land off the river bridge that they recently built the bike bridge to.)."

1 comment:

  1. Oh the things that come from those little mouths!

    Ben used to have an imaginary friend named Jason and they did everything together. He sat at the table with us, got buckled into the car, etc. I even made a scrapbook page dedicated to Jason. Not sure when Jason went away exactly, but at age 14, Jason is a long-ago memory for my boy now.
    I kinda miss him.

    ReplyDelete