Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Fall Television

I just LOVE fall. I love the cooler weather. I love cowboy boots, denim, and sweaters. I love pumpkins and gourds of all shapes and colors. I love crispy leaves dancing in my rear view mirror. I love the fall holidays. I just LOVE fall.
One of the other things I love about fall is the Fall television line-up. Let's just be honest, summer television is the reason so many people go on vacation to the beach in the summer. There is NOTHING on but Reality TV, and Wipeout(both of which give me a nice laugh from time to time).
Some of the shows that have me watching on Hulu the next day(because we don't actually have a television in our home anymore) are:
  • The Sing-Off: Love this show. I'm not sure how I missed it completely last season, but it's got my attention this season. It's a musical reality show that showcases groups that use only their voices, or a Capella music. If you haven't seen it, check it out. You can also download the songs on i-tunes(another thing we don't have, but would be fun for you techies out there).
  • Survivor: I may be one of the only people still watching this show, but I just really enjoy watching the dynamics and social factor of the show. It's so interesting to me how things can change SO fast when you're living on an island or wherever they are. I like that they have two all-star players this time. Interesting.
  • The Biggest Looser: This is a must-see for me. Each season I am inspired by the contestants. I'm usually guilty of watching while sitting in the bed eating a snack, but still. It's a good show! This season it's the "Battle of the ages." They've taken the contestants and split them up according to age. It's going to be interesting to see if that makes a difference in the outcome of the show.
  • The Office: I'm what I like to call a fair weather friend of this show. I only watch it if Scotty is home and wants to watch it and thinks it's a particularly good episode. It's funny. If you've been under a rock for 1,000 years and haven't ever seen an episode it's worth your 24 minutes to watch one (or two).
  • The Amazing Race: Again, this show has been on for a long time, but this season caught my attention because it has the dating couple Ethan and Jenna who also played (and each won) Survivor. Ethan has also survived cancer. I may not watch the entire season, but I did watch the premiere.
  • Grey's Anatomy and Private Practice: I know I know. These are not edifying nor Holy. They are my guilty pleasure shows. They are on back to back. Private Practice is a spin-off of Grey's Anatomy, and the characters do cross-over episodes about 3 times a season. I've seen every episode of both shows. Yes, every single one. I'm not sure how much more I'll watch of Private Practice, because at the end of the last episode I was ready to not watch it any more, but I'm going to at least watch the premiere this Thursday.
  • *UPDATED* Up All Night: This show had me in tears I was laughing so hard. Really cute show, and I LOVE Christina Applegate! A cute show about how having a baby changes things! Thanks for reminding me of this one, Jes.
Some that I watched, but won't be watching any more:
  • Modern Family. It's funny, but doesn't capture my attention for some reason. Maybe the strange collection of characters.
  • PanAm: Just not a GREAT show. I'm sure there will be a lot of sex in this show, which is something I try to stay away from watching.
  • Two Broke Girls: Not good. Bad acting. Choppy story.
  • The New Girl: Scotty has a crush on Zoe Dashmanunu or whatever her last name is. Ha! This is a good idea for a show, but again too choppy and bad acting.
So what am I missing? What should I try watching? What are your favorites this season?

2 comments:

  1. We started watching "Up All Night" this season. It has been funny so far.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man! I forgot about that one! I watched that too. So cute and hysterical!

    ReplyDelete