Friday, October 28, 2011

A House Blessin'

Today I woke up late. Don't you just hate that feeling when you wake up and instantly know you are waking up late? Yeah, that was the feeling I had this morning. I got up, washed my face, and ran in to find my girls sitting in the office quietly reading books. I asked them why they didn't come wake me up, and Olivia said she didn't want to bother me and thought I probably needed to rest. Have I mentioned I love that sweet girl??? Anyway, I made breakfast and then started really blessing my house for the first time in quite a while.
The girls really help me with a lot of the cleaning now, so I don't actually have to do a whole lot of cleaning anymore. I really wanted to take a moment this week, though and really "bless" my home. It actually felt good to get it all nice and clean. The girls, specifically Olivia, really do a great job with their cleaning. It takes a lot of work to train kids to clean properly, but I am really proud of the progress that the girls are making. Brubbs even has chores he does happily! That boy LOVES to help.
Anyway, I got the house clean, the kids fed and asleep and now...I'm taking a moment to just sit back and relax. Feels good to get things accomplished.
Looking forward to this weekend. I just love Birthday Parties!

No comments:

Post a Comment