Thursday, October 27, 2011

I Aint No Seamstress

We are throwing the birthday party of the century this Saturday for Lulu and KK. It's a fairytale theme. We are asking everyone to dress up as storybook characters. I thought since it's the weekend before Halloween we'd give people another chance to wear their costumes. Speaking of costumes I'm going to be Little Red Riding Hood! Scotty is the Big Bad Wolf dressed as GRANDMOTHER! It's a HOOT!

As we were getting our costume things ready last night we decided it was time to make my red riding hood cape. I had thought this would be so easy since we already had an old red sheet and basically it was just a cape over the head. I pulled up a pattern I'd found online and we got started.

Scotty did a great job getting everything cut out and ready to SEW, then he passed it off to me and my Singer. This is the time when I should say I DO NOT SEW!!! I remember being a kid and CRYING about not even being able to make my loop potholders work out right. In high school I had an assignment to make some jam shorts and my bear print ended up being UPSIDE DOWN on the shorts! HOWEVER, I thought ehh, it's two simple seams that need to be done. I can do this EASY. I guess someone should have told my machine.

After probably 4 hours and 3 needles it's FINALLY finished and actually looks pretty decent...Anyone want to buy my possessed machine? It's got a broken auto threader and it likes to decide not to sew things halfway through. I think I'm going to go back to making looped pot holders after this!
Look for a party picture post on Saturday evening! It's going to be so much FUN!!

1 comment:

  1. I can't sew, either. I want to and I think maybe I'll really learn someday, but it is always a huge ordeal when I drag out that machine. You are not alone.

    ReplyDelete