Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dr. Seuss, Pop Tarts, and a 10-month-old

Mia can NOT be 10 months. Seriously? It was just yesterday when she was born, RIGHT? In less than 8 weeks my tiny baby girl will be 1 year old! BOO. Ehh, if you can't put them in a box and keep them babies you can at least take cute pictures of them! Ha!

You see that look in her eye? Yeah, she's a handful, but OH SO SWEET!
This is her "official" 10 month picture. She's such a MESS!
She's likely to be walking in a few weeks, but I've been saying that for a few MONTHS.
Love that sweet joyful smile.
This is the latest face she's making due to teething. Seriously?
Looks like she's been watching my Dad dip tobacco!
In other news, this past Friday I did a special thematic unit on Dr. Seuss since it was his birthday. We had a morning birthday party complete with none other than green eggs and ham.
I sat out our Dr. Seuss books on the floor leading to the kitchen.

Manly made me a Dr. Seuss hat to add to a cheapo B-day banner that I had in my party cabinet.

Lulu eating her Green eggs and ham.
I had a bio on Dr. Seuss that we read and talked about, while I let the kids color Cat and the Hat color sheets.
Addi has gotten REALLY serious about coloring lately.

We also played some fun "party" games: Cat, Cat, Hat(like duck, duck, goose), Who Lives in the Jungle of Nool?(an animal guessing called game), and a rhyme game where I had them make sentences with only rhyming words. I also had them talk about a time when they(even though they were small) helped someone else like Horton, who says, "A person is a person no matter how small." They drew pictures and Olivia wrote out a little essay. I should have loaded those onto the computer...Anyway, it wasn't a huge deal, it was just a little something to have a little Friday fun with.

So, I've mentioned before how much my kids love their Aunt Stephanie. Last night she came to stay with the kids while Manly and I went out. While we were gone Stephanie got all the kids together and made HOMEMADE POP TARTS with them. Seriously. The kids decorated them this morning with icing and sprinkles. Thanks Aunt Stephanie for helping the kids to make memories for a lifetime.
Lulu with her pop tart.

Addi after her first bite.

KK working on her Pop tart.

Bubby with his pop tart. He said, "This is Nummy!"

Mia was a little put off that she had to eat cereal and bananas. Sorry, baby girl! No icing for you!

Lastly, I love the first signs of spring. Here is my favorite.

This is a picture of our beautiful(yet stinky) Bradford Pear Tree. I wish I was a better photographer so I could really capture it's beauty! It's such a lovely tree.

No comments:

Post a Comment