Friday, March 30, 2012

It's the Most BUSYful Time of the Year

So, we have been really busy. I hate that. It's so much more fun to relax and have stay-home days. The kids miss their dad, who is working a lot right now. We are working on a transition that will free him up a lot, but like most transitions, it's taking a little more time than we'd like...
We recently went to the Museum of Discovery. It's been closed for a while to remodel. It reopened and had a free family day a few weeks ago(It was actually St. Patrick's Day), so we jumped at the offer of free fun!
Here are a few pictures from that day.
The kids in front of the t-rex. Isaiah totally went under the "fence" and started shaking the daylights out of the poor thing. They may rethink "Free Family day" after the Smittles came to town!

This is a very green picture. Yes, Mia is shoeless. She stays that way most of the time as she's got REALLY long REALLY narrow feet and nothing will stay on her for very long.

Silly Addi. She kept going back to this and saying "I'm pulling your GUTS out!"

KK, the pirate. Ha!

KK, the strong girl. she pulled herself all the way to the top!!

Bubby LOVED this guitar display. It made funny noises and he kept doing it over and over.

After the MOD we headed over to the nature center. The kids liked it, but it didn't take long for them to get a little bored. Still, more free fun.

After we left there we headed over to Heifer Village. The kids love this place and got to pet animals, plant seeds, and go on a nature scavenger hunt.

This is bubby trying to carry water buckets like children in other countries often have to do. He said, "I do it. I do it, MOMMA!"

In other news, my cousin Heather recently had a sweet baby boy! Korbyn Mack. I think he likes me! 
Holding this tiny sweet baby did nothing for my crazed baby fever.
I know, it's nuts. DON'T send me hate mail!

This baby marks 15 GREAT grandchildren for my sweet sweet granny. I can't imagine.
She's the sweetest person I know.

No comments:

Post a Comment