Monday, May 21, 2012

The Adventures of Faline

The following post may bore you to DEATH. If so, please come back on another day and I'm sure your socks will be sufficiently blown off(ha!). It's important for me to be able to freeze some moments in time so that I can look back on them and smile when I'm old and grey. AND, since blogger will still be around then(hear the sarcasm), I thought I'd freeze this story here.
My sweet sweet Livi is a giver. She loves to be able to share things with others and give presents to people. She has, for the last year or two been into writing things to give to others. I think it all started when we began using the A Reason For Handwriting and she was doing a give away page each week. Anyway, she's recently started writing short stories and sharing them with us. As she's done this I've encouraged her to someday write a book. Well, my Lulu, always the overachiever, decided the day was now and wrote a 5 chapter book. As she wrote it she had one thing in mind. WHO would she give it to! With Mother's Day around the corner, she decided one day that it was going to be Nana, so with her in mind she finished the story, bought a binder with her own money, and put it all together for her for Mother's Day. Such a sweet little thoughtful thing! SO, without further ado, I give you, "The Adventures of Faline"

This was the front cover.

The inside author's page










Not bad for a 7 year-old. Her sense of humor was so apparent in this story to me. I loved how she was dripping from the pages and that her story was so in line with things that she loves(animals and family). My favorite picture is the last one where Faline and Woody are in wedding garb! Hysterical!She's such a clever little sweet hearted baby. I wish she'd never grow up, BUT since she has to, I'm glad I'll be able to call her mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment