Sunday, June 24, 2012

Introducing: Home Brewed Smittle

I know you've all been anxiously awaiting news from our side of the street for quite some time. I know this, because I can't go a day without someone asking me if I'm pregnant again yet. So, the time is now.
As of today, Sunday, June 24th 2012, I am 4 weeks pregnant.
I found out on Friday that we're going to make our crew an even half dozen. I've decided to journal the journey of my pregnancy and delivery so that those of you who read(all 24 of you) can see what a "home brewed" pregnancy is like. Fell free to comment with questions or thoughts, but if you aren't interested, DON'T read. I'll plan to update things each Sunday. Below is entry #1:

Week 4. 36 to go.
SO, we're pregnant! Everyone is very excited. Especially the two biggest girls and me. This baby will be KK's "buddy," so she is especially excited about that. We told our parents today, and as always, I told my BFF, so now, I guess we're telling the world! Ha! I have no worried going to to this pregnancy as far as doign another home birth. I feel so at ease with it after Mia's delivery. When we found out we were going to have another baby it wasn't even discussed. I have plans to call the midwife tomorrow to discuss our first meeting. I'm excited to see them again, and looking so forward to going through pregnancy again.
I am planning to start my prenatals and vitaminC tonight. They make me very sick, so I do prenatal right before bed with a small glass of milk. The vitaminC does wonders for you AND your baby, so I'll plan to take those throughout the pregnancy.
 I'm a wee bit concerned at the routine dental x-rays I had earlier this week, but according to the dentist there is very minimal radiation with the new digital x-ray machine they have...
I've already been very queasy, but haven't actually gotten sick yet, which is a nice bonus. My first clue I was pregnant was my crazy tears at watching a Disney movie with the kids. What in the world?? Ha! I've also been REALLY tired.
Baby Center says that the baby is the size of a poppyseed.




4 comments:

  1. Excited for you Leslie! I thought in my heart you just might be...
    Praying for energy to manage the little bits while you grow a new precious smittle.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Exciting!!! I don't know how you do it!!! I only have 2 and I can hardly keep up with them!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy for your family!! Wes and I are so excited for you! We are looking forward to reading along with your through your journey. I would love to try a home birth, but complications with Josiah's birth prohibit me from trying. Plus I love the gals I work with on the labor unit, and they would be none to happy with me if they missed out on our delivery! I am so thankful that God brought our families together! You all are joy and inspiration to us, and it is a tremendous blessing to have a family that truly understands where we are. We love you guys! - Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is exciting!! :) Congratulations on such a blessing!!! I can't wait to read this journey you will share with us.

    ReplyDelete