Friday, July 20, 2012

Boys Just Want to Make TROUBLE

You know the saying, "Girls just want to have fun!"
I've decided the BOY version to that is, "Boys just want to make TROUBLE!"
Here are a few examples as of late:

This morning, I waited until the perfect time in the day to have a quick shower. I had all the kids playing happily upstairs with Lulu in charge. I was seriously in the shower for about 6 minutes. When I got out I heard glass clanging. I ran in to find Brubbs with his mouth STUFFED with candy. The good choice candy jar that I have up in the pantry had been raided by the boy and he'd eaten EVERY SINGLE piece. I couldn't believe it. The thought of him actually climbing up into the pantry, getting the jar, and eating the entirety of its contents makes me laugh out loud now, but then I was ready to skin his little sweet head.

A few days ago he decided he was hungry for eggs. He got the entire crate of eggs out of the fridge and brought them to me. I said, "Oh! Did you get one of the egg crates to play with from the art cabinet?" He said, "No, momma! I want EGGS!" WOWZAH! He did the same thing the next day. He was quickly disciplined, so I'm sure he won't do it again, but geez Louise, that boy was DETERMINED to eat some EGGS!

Tonight, like every Friday night the kids and I were having our pizza and a movie night. After we were finished eating, Bub decided to skip the movie and head upstairs to listen to music in the girls room. He does this a lot, so I didn't think twice about it. After a while I thought he might be asleep because he'd been up there a while. I went up to check and there I found he'd pulled out EVERY single diaper(probably about 115) and loaded them into the shopping cart and baby stroller. He was also SITTING on the girls dresser listening to music, but  squishing and throwing floral foam from the inside of a floral arrangement from the girls room ALL OVER THE PLACE! It was like green dust all over the window frame, dresser, floor, CD player and CDs, and of course him. I could not believe it! I simply walked over, undressed him, took him into the bathroom, and washed him off. I wanted to be angry and assume he KNEW that he shouldn't do it, but the look on his face when I saw him was just too much, so I said, "Hey, Bub. That stuff is not for playing with. It's to make flowers pretty. Don't touch it again." He said, "I sorry momma. I kiss you!" Yeah, kiss me boy...
He promptly put the diapers back away.
Don't get me wrong. I love this boy and all his sweetness AND orneriness. Let's just hope for a better day tomorrow, or at least for a little more energy for me!

2 comments:

  1. All of my friends with girls just laugh at my Samuel stories. Boys are SO different.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree! Boys are just wired to get into everything!!

    ReplyDelete