Saturday, July 14, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 7. 33 to go

So, I have officially felt AWFUL this last week. We're talking T E R R I B L E!! I haven't been able to eat much although I haven't actually been getting SICK, just feeling like I will be if I eat. Everything smells terrible. I'm so tired after I even stand up. I hate to list it all out as if to complain, but this is my pregnancy journal(and my blog for that matter), so I feel free to share without the fear of you all thinking that I got myself into this position and now I have to deal with it. Ha!
Anyway, I've found that sucking peppermints helps. It's a trick I picked up when I was pregnant with Olivia. I keep a few by my bed, and before I get up I just pop one in and start my day on the minty side of life!
The babies and I have also had a summer cold. While I think it's like Chinese water torture to make a pregnant woman sick, my body thought otherwise. I'm drinking lots of water, taking extra vitC and hoping and praying that it passes soon! The extra water has me in the bathroom more than usual, which has run me clean out of toilet paper! Seriously! I NEVER run out of toilet paper, but today I reached for the extra roll under the cabinet and alass, there was none. Wowzah. SO, it's baby wipes until I brave the store, which might not be a bad thing. I could buy softer tissue for my nose instead of using toilet paper...
On other baby related news, I finally got around to calling and setting up my appointment with my midwife! I won't be going until mid August. We really like to wait until we are able to hear the baby's heartbeat for our first visit, so we'll see Kim for our first time around 12 weeks or so. That's always such a sweet sweet moment for us. To hear that tiny little Smittle beating heart and connect in that moment for our soon and coming gift from God!
OK, so I know you're DYING to know what size the baby is this week. According to Babycenter our baby is the size of a blueberry! How fun! I also read that the baby now has tiny hands and feet forming from it's arms and legs. So amazing to read each week how this tiny baby is growing and forming!


2 comments:

  1. I vote twins!
    Becke'

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry you have morning sickness. Totally relate to that! Peppermint candy helped me, too, as did Big Red gum. And those Preggy Pops candies are not too bad either. I think I saw them at Babies R Us last time I was there.
    Hope you get to the point where you have more energy and less sickness soon.

    ReplyDelete