Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Addi's Princess Party

It was hard when Addison told me she wanted a Disney princess party. I do my best to have fun themed parties, but she wanted EVERYTHING to be store bought. Usually I have the kids pick a theme and then I do all the decor and party favors.
Well, in true diva fashion Addi wanted to have a say in EVERYTHING that was part of her special day. Her style was really cramping mine, so this was our compromise. I totally downscaled this party. Partly because Addison kept flopping around with what she wanted and partly because I am newly pregnant and very tired. SO, know that this isn't a traditional Smittle party.
I decided to set up the food table in the school room this time since it opens up to the living room. I always feel so cramped with everyone smushed into the kitchen to sing Happy Birthday. This worked out much better. I did pretzel twists, pink dipped pretzel rods, strawberry milkshake whoppers, and cake. I was supposed to have a big fruit salad, but I totally forgot to go buy the FRUIT! HAHA!

The cake. Oh YES I DID make this cake all by myself! It isn't perfect, but turned out pretty cute! Tons of hard work, but I felt very Cake Boss. I actually even said, "SO. Who wants to eat some CAKE!" I made homemade butter cream icing. The cake is half devils food, half butter cake. I used royal icing for all the decor. The little cones are rolled in sugar crystals. Because I didn't want to work with a bajillion fondant flowers I just used sprinkle flowers. They worked like a charm.

The birthday banner(and Bubby's foot!)

A close up of the banner for details. I loved that silver polkadot paper. I used the pink swirly paper at Mia's cupcake party.
Addi wanted this game at her party from the moment she saw it at her sisters party last fall.
Scotty free-handed this sweet little frog and I made kissy lips to pin on. The girls think it's hysterical.

Fairy Godmother Magic wands as party favors. Addi asked for these too. The little tags said, "Thanks for making my day magical. Love Addison"

Addi also requested this sign. You've seen this and the next from The storybook party as well.



The girls weren't interested in wearing their princess dress-up clothes, so I decided to hang them from twine on the staircase. They looked really cute.

This is my regular party wreath that I switch out with different decor for parties. I had this little castle I'd bought for something else a few months ago, so I just put it on there.

The kids table. The princess tablecloth makes me cringe, but it was an Addi special request.

My birthday princess looking extra cute with her princess sash from Disney World.

Sweet Addi with her cake. She was in charge of colors and how she wanted it to look. She told me it was the most beautiful cake she'd ever imagine! Sweet baby girl!

Addi playing the game. She totally cheated!

Here are a few pictures of her actual birthday.
Daddy bringing her breakfast in bed. She asked for special cereal(we usually only have plain cheerios and bran flakes), so we got her cookie crisp. It was a big hit.

Scotty always plans to be home long enough to bring the kids breakfast in bed. So sweet. He also always makes a handmade card for them with things they've done throughout the year.

Addi blowing out her cereal candle. Ha! It took a little work to make that happen!

Her first "legal" gum. We have been telling her when she turned four she could have gum. We'll see how long this lasts. I'm NOT about to cut it out of her beautiful hair.

Addi's only request was that she get her ears pierced. She was REALLY excited until she saw them come at her with GUNS! She never flinched and did really great. They look so cute on her.

Our family on the fourth.

My pretty babies on the fourth!

No comments:

Post a Comment