Saturday, May 5, 2012

Our Little Cupcake!

Last year I had decided as soon as I could I wanted to do a cupcake themed party. I kept asking all the kids, but they always have their own "creative" ideas for what they want for their parties. When Mia's birthday was coming up I decided it'd be the perfect time to do a cupcake themed party!
It turned out really cute. I'll let the pictures and captions tell the story. I'm a terrible mom and didn't take ANY pictures of Mia with her party guests. I meant to do that this year. We did it with Isaiah for his first birthday and I love to look back at all the photos of him with the people who love him. Well, anyway, here are the pics.


The invite. I used corrugated paper for the bottom, white cardstock and pink polkadot scrapbooking paper for the top and red construction paper for the cherry. It was cute and turned out ALMOST how I had in my head, which is saying a lot. Ha!

I found these CUTE cupcake clothespins and thought it'd be a great way to display Mia's monthly pictures. The sign says "month by month with our little cupcake."

The office table.

My regular wreath with a "one" insert.

My darling husband was so kind to color the sidewalk.

My MIA!

Birthday Banner

Hand-cutting this banner made me wish Manly would let me get a cricut SO bad! I guess we're still behind the times, because we hand make EVERYTHING. Oh well. Gives us more time to spend together. HA!

Mia's picture. I gave out 4X6 prints as party favors since it was just a family party.
Mia's seat. This was before Olivia and I decorated it. I had all of her monthly pictures on the digital frame in the back. I got that cutie paper at the dollar store.

The Party table. It was my first time making pom balls. I needed at least two more packs of tissue paper, but since Hobby Lobby wasn't open at 12am when I made these I decided they'd just have to do.

Strawberry milkshake whoppers. YES, PLEASE!

Honey Twist Pretzels. If you haven't tried them, you should.

Mia's little cupcake on a CUTE little cupcake pedestal.

Another view of the table.

The cupakes. I made Butter cake and Devil's Food Cake, both with strawberry icing.
I didn't drink any of this, but it LOOKED good. I just don't do lemonade unless I'm REALLY thirsty.
It's pink lemonade, cherries, lemons, and cherry sauce.

The other party favors. These are made from campsters marshmallows. I dipped them into pink melted wafers and topped them off with sprinkles. I wanted them to look like cupcakes, but Manly said they didn't really look like cupcakes. Oh well, they were still really cute!

I got the sticks at WalMart.

Made the tags with leftover paper from the banner and labels.

My sweet sweet baby.

Ready to party. You can see her seat in this picture. Ha!

Daddy and his "sweetie peaty." Yes, he wore a pink shirt for the party. He's that good.

Lulu with her buddy, Mia. Right after this she head butted Lu.

Daddy praying over Mia.

About to take her first bite.

After her first bite.

Uh, WHY have I never had anything like this before?

She kept looking out at us and making a drunken smile.


I think she wanted to trade her pretzels for more cupcakes! Ha!

I think she likes it!

Happy Birthday, my Mia! As you grow I pray your love for the Lord and others will grow and that you will become a young woman who is committed to leading others to Jesus.

1 comment: