Sunday, August 26, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle Week 13. 27 to go.

Well, I went to my sweet midwife for the first time this week. It was good to get to see her again and GREAT to hear the heartbeat of our sweet little baby. I measured a little big(as I have with the other kids). Kim assures me it's likely there is only ONE baby in there, despite all the people that keep wishing TWINS on me! SHAME ON YOU!!!
At my first appointment Kim went over the way she does things and gave me paperwork(medical history, informed consent, payment information) to fill out. She also gave me tons of information about homebirth that I've never seen before, so we're reading through those things now. After all of that I did the normal pregnancy visit pee in the cup and weigh-in. We won't discuss those things, because that's TMI. After that Kim listened to the baby and measured my belly. We scheduled our next visit, and she sent me home with lots of borrowed materials to read and watch. It was a nice visit, and I'm excited about the pregnancy with her assisting me.
I'm going on Saturday to get a sneak peek at the baby. Rhea Lana's is partnering with Sneak A Peek ultrasound to do gender scan ultrasounds as well as 3D and 4D ultrasounds. They are offering this at such a low price that I just couldn't pass it up! SO, next Saturday I'll get to see the baby for the first time. It's unlikely that we'll be able to tell if the baby is a boy or a girl, but at least we'll know for sure how many are in there! Ha!
Babycenter says the baby is the size of a medium shrimp, which totally grosses me out. I loved shrimp before I got pregnant. Maybe I'll like it again some day! In other news, the baby now has fingerprints in case it gets it's self into any trouble it will be easily IDed. Also, if the baby is a girl she now has 2 million eggs in her ovaries. That's a lot. If she's anything like me, she'll be FERTILE! HA!
Although I'm so glad to finally be feeling better, I'm a little sad for my first trimester to be over. Since this is my last pregnancy, this is the last time I'll experience this. While I'm excited about our next stage of life, the thought of this one coming to a close is a little sad. I'm reminded to soak up every day and love each moment...
SO, I want to hear gender guesses. BOY or GIRL?
ALSO, lets hear name ideas for boys and girls. Remember first names should start with a vowel.
I'd be lying if I said we weren't hoping for a boy. Honestly, I've been praying for a boy before we even found out we were pregnant. I long for a brother for Isaiah. I know that either way, our family will be complete and we'll be happy with a girl just as much as a boy, but we are really longing and praying for a brother companion for Bubby. My favorite names right now are Asher and Eli with the middle name Paul(Manly's grandfather's name) for a boy and Anna Grace for a girl. Other names I keep going back to(in no particular order) are Adele,Elisabeth, Aubrey, Owen, and any name that would allow me to call a girl Lainey(LOVE that name). 
OKOK, I've got to get off of here. Peace out, peeps.
For those of you wondering...
Gag gag gag. Let's hope there aren't THREE little shrimps in there, although it could even out the numbers, I guess! HA!


2 comments:

  1. So exciting!!!! I love the name Asher for a boy and one of my best friends from college was a girl named Alana (pronounced A-Lane-A) but she was known as Laney!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You need a "U" name, or maybe "sometimes Y"? I like Owen and Asher, also like Archer,and Eloise for a girl. Or maybe another "I" name if it's a boy...Isaac? :)

    ReplyDelete