Sunday, September 16, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 16. 24 to go.

Week 16. Yay! I love this time in pregnancy. I'm finally feeling good, I'm not GINORMOUS yet, and I can start to feel the baby moving around.
"The baby," by the way, (if you haven't seen this)is a BOY! YAY! We are so so excited! The kids are overjoyed. Brubs is happy to get a brother to "sleep in his room." After we went to the ultrasound Bubby said no less than 10-15 times, "I'm SO glad I have a BROTHER in THERE!" He's just so excited to get to have a "brudder."
KK is also excited. This baby will be her buddy, so she already has a sort of bond with him before he's even born. She can't wait to get to have a buddy, and is especially glad he's a BOY. She said, "Now I can teach him cool boy stuff."whatever that means. Ha!
I'll have my second visit with my midwife this week. I'm excited to hear his heartbeat again and see how he's grown in the last month. I'm NOT excited about the weight I have likely gained...Ehh, let's hope baby #6 weight comes off eventually...

Babycenter says the baby is about to have a huge growth spurt. This week, his size is being compared to an avocado. Last week was an apple. Maybe it's just the kind of apples I buy, or the avocado's they sell in the stores around here, but it seems like an apple(the size of the baby last week according to babycenter) is larger than an avocado. Oh well.
AND, we've decided to name him Elias. We aren't 100% on a middle name, because I like Paul(His grandpa's name) and Scotty likes York(my maiden name). We'll likely call him Eli most of the time. I guess we'll just poll everyone and eventually land on a name before he's born. 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. Personally I like "York" better than "Paul" (Steven disagrees) but I think Paul flows better with the first and last name.

    ReplyDelete