Monday, October 22, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 21. 19 to go.

Well, we're over half way. I'm hoping I'm not halfway finished growing, because I'll be the size of my king size bed by 40 weeks. Ha!
Bubby felt his brother kick for the first time yesterday. He kept telling me he was feeling him, but yesterday he actually did. His eyes got HUGE and he said, "WHOA! I felt him go bump bump bump! That's MY brother!" Then he leaned down to my tummy and said, "HI, ELI! It's ME! You KICKED ME!"
Everything went well with both my appointments this last week. I'm measuring a tiny bit big, but then I did say earlier that this has to be the single most ginormous baby ever. Ha!

I also won a birth photo contest with this picture.

This picture is from Mia's birth. Right after she was born we were both so tired that we got in bed for a sweet nap. Manly took this picture. So sweet. ANYWAY, because we won we get 50% off of a service from Birth By Design. We decided to do birth classes. We'd never done them before, and thought it'd be a fun time together and we might learn some stuff to help with Eli's delivery. I'm looking forward to seeing how Scotty can be a part of my support team this time. Because we've never taken classes I always feel like he needs a job! I'd like for him to know things he can do to assist me when I'm in labor.
Babycenter says that Elias is about 10.5 inches long now, which is about the size of a carrot, and weighs about 3/4 of a pound. The baby also has eyelids and brows now.
I also read an article about varicose veins. Since I was pregnant with Olivia I've had issues with this while pregnant. They come very early in the pregnancy, and are always gone right after the baby is born. Each time they get worse, so this time my legs look pretty bad. If you see me you'll likely notice I'm wearing boots, tights, or pants. I guess it's a good thing it's cooler weather! If you are interested in facts about veins you can read the information here.

1 comment:

  1. Your veins go away????? I'm trying really hard to not be jealous.

    It is so much fun when the little ones really feel the baby moving. I miss that. And now, I must go eat a carrot, 'cause that pic is looking good!

    ReplyDelete