Sunday, October 14, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle:Week 20. 20 to go!

Half way! Whoot whoot! So glad to be half way. I'm feeling it! I posted on facebook this week that this may be the worlds largest 20 week old baby! He feels really big inside. When he moves around it's like a hippo moving around in there. My whole belly will change shape. I think he's gonna be a hoss!
My appetite has been NUTS the last week or so. We went to a Sunday School party last night and I made myself two plates(really it was a plate for my food and a smaller plate for fruit, but STILL)! I even went back had Manly go back for more! Ha! Oh well. This is the last time I'll have it as an excuse! I'm gonna live it up.
A friend of mine totally blessed me last night by bringing me a large tub and a bag of maternity clothes. I've been all different sizes and have been pregnant all different times of the year, so I don't have just a whole lot of maternity clothes. Especially for the winter. I was so excited to get several things I really needed and so other cute things too. Thanks, Shanda, for the unexpected blessing!
I've been trying to get Isaiah to be still long enough to feel his brother kicking. He'll say, "Mom! I wanna feel my brother!" and come running over, but he'll just put his hand on my belly and say, "YUP! He's in there! He's gonna COME OUT!!" and go running off laughing. I can't wait for the moment he's sitting in my lap and Elias kicks him in the back! Ha!
I don't think Mia has a CLUE what is going on! She'll have to adjust big time once the baby is here, because she is treated like such a baby right now(especially by her sisters and me). I guess she'll never be demoted as baby SISTER though! Good thing for her! She'll have that in common with my mom, who, to this day STILL talks about how SHE was the baby of her family until my UNCLE was born and now she's still the BABY GIRL. I can see Mia being like that too!
This week I'll go see my midwife, AND have a risk assessment this weekend. I'm excited to see Kim(the MW). I feel like it's been forever. I'm getting close to the time for my glucose test too. I'll go to the lab at our local hospital to have that done. For those of you who are wondering, the risk assessment is simply an exam to be sure that I am at low risk for a homebirth. I have my RAs(you must have two done while pregnant) done by a Certified Nurse-Midwife  in Little Rock. She's such a sweet lady and does a good job to take care of any issues that may arise in my pregnancy.
I spent some time looking up the meanings of the kids names this week. We always look it up before we chose a name, but I like to go back and remember what they are when we name a new child. ANYWAY, Elias means "my God is the Lord." I love that! When I first looked up Olivia's name this week it said "elf army." I laughed out loud thinking there was NO way we named our child "elf army," so I tried several other sites to see what they said and they were all united that Olivia meant, "peace." That's more like it! When I told her about it she just looked at me with a nervous face and said, "NO WAY! I'm NOT an elf!" HA! She is a little short for her age now that I think about it! I'm KIDDING!
Speaking of being short for their age, this is the last week Elias will be measured from "crown to rump." Next week he'll start being measured from head to toe. They do this in the beginning because the little tiny babies stay so curled up it's easier to measure them that way. BUT, this week he's about the length of a banana.
How I do love bananas. Especially with Nutella. If you haven't tried it get off the computer(or phone) and got get you some goodness of heaven.

1 comment:

  1. So no kidding -- we have been considering "Avery" as a middle name, and when we looked up the meaning, the first site said "Ruler of the elves." The other sites said "wise", which is much better, but maybe he and Olivia can hang together. I guess there will be a hierarchy there, though. :)

    ReplyDelete