Thursday, October 11, 2012

Random Thursday Update

Mia is getting teeth. A LOT of teeth. It took her a while to get any, and now she's making up for lost time. I'm ready for her not to be teething. She's not a very happy camper these days. She's working on 6 teeth right now. That's a lot for a tiny little.

She also has NO hair. She had a baby mullet, but I cut it off because it was just getting longer and thinner and the poor girl was starting to look like Billy Ray Smittle. Once I cut the mullet off it looks a lot thicker but it's just not growing. It seems to be curly, and I've heard sometimes it takes longer for curly hair to grow in. Maybe that's it. Ha! She sure loves hair bows and such, so I hope for her sake that it grows quickly and she's able to wear some hair pretties soon.

Isaiah is such a smart kid. He reminds me so much of Olivia when she was a toddler because he's really inquisitive about things and asks a lot of good questions about how things work and why they work that way. He says the most intelligent hysterical stuff. He's able to properly use words and phrases that most kids his age wouldn't say. Cracks me up.

KK was really having a hard time with school when we started, so I was also having a hard time, but in the last week or so it's been like a light bulb went off in her little brain! She's so close to reading whatever she wants. I've got to get her to slow down a little on handwriting, but I know that will come later. I've just been encouraged that she's finally seeing some improvement. It really helps her to feel better about school and her own abilities. She also earned 88 points at AWANA'S last night and got the Super Duper Sparky award. She was GIDDY with delight over the award. She gets so "sparkly" when she gets any sort of recognition. Such a sweet girl!

Palin is doing good. She's still really shy and nervous, and it's taking some time to get her used to things around here, but we are seeing improvement and she at least wags her tail when she sees us now instead of just putting her head down. We're just trying to be patient with her and let her get to know us. Olivia is so good to take care of her needs and is our pooper scooper champ. She's gotten Palin much more comfortable with the leash too. We're really proud of her.

Manly is doing great with all his jobs. I don't know if I've mentioned, but he works part-time as a college professor with both daytime and night classes. That plus the new practice has been a lot for our family, but he's been so great to keep working on getting everything done and still having time for us. He doesn't work at all from Saturday morning until Sunday evening, so weekends are our favorite time of the week. We are glad to have him home for breakfast every day too. If you think about him, pray that the Lord will bless his efforts and the new practice will continue to grow. We've been so blessed in the last few months, and God is providing our needs.

I'm going to a new study at church that I'm in love with. It's changing my heart in so many ways. If you ever get a chance to read the book "The Other Side of the Garden" I'd highly recommend it. It's been such a great study and I'm learning so much about my role as a "biblical woman." I have plans to start a bookclub up for it in a few months(probably after the baby is here), so be looking for those plans if you are interested. There is also a companion book that I'm LOVING called "Victorious Woman." They are pretty cheap online. A total must read if you are of a female of any adultish age.

I love fall cooking. Chili, crockpots, and pork loins OH MY! Love me some fall soul food. Nothing better, except fall desserts. YUM. Fall really is the most wonderful time of the year!

I just realized I didn't mention my poor little middle child, Addi. She's such a bright girl and so artistic and great with art and writing. She has issues with wanting to be perfect, but I'm slowly getting her to realize that things are never going to be perfect. HER hair is growing like a bunch a weeds in my front yard! It's almost to her waist now and she loves to have it fixed.

No comments:

Post a Comment