Sunday, October 7, 2012

When Pregnancy Dreams Meet Reality

I don't think I've mentioned it here yet, but my BFF recently got engaged to be married in February.
Here she is with her man, Chris.

I'm so excited for her and can't WAIT for her big day. Speaking of BIG, I'll be the 38 week pregnant bridesmaid on stage. YIKES! ANYWAY, she posted to facebook that she'd had her first(of what is sure to be many)scary wedding dream. I laughed and thought how fun it would be to be planning a wedding again. I seriously loved wedding planning. ANYWAY, I went to sleep that evening and had a little nightmare of my own(pregnancy style). It went a little like this:
As the day of the wedding was drawing near Ashley realized she hadn't ordered any bridesmaid dresses yet. Because the wedding was only a few days away she was forced to go to a store that was much like WalMart(it had no name in my dream) and get dresses there for all seven of her attendants. Because she needed so many she had to get several styles and shade of dress. She decided to go with red, but they were all different materials(like silk, velvet, taffita) and styles(short, long, one strap, strapless). I should take a moment and state that Ashley has plans on a wintery themed wedding because of her February date. It's sure to be a sparkling beautiful event...ANYWAY, back to my dream. Once we were all dressed in our dresses(that looked TERRIBLE together) she broke the news to us that she had changed the theme of the wedding. She and Chris had decided to "lighten things up" and go with a CIRCUS theme! As she started to tell us about it all these people started to file in. They were the make-up artists ready to PAINT our FACES like CLOWNS! All us BMs were trying to act supportive, but we were totally freaking out at the thought of looking like clowns in our hideous dresses. Did I mention there were acrobats? That was the pre-wedding entertainment. There was also circus animals and circus music. Wow, Ash. I love you, but I don't think I can be a pregnant clown at your wedding! Ha! Actually, I think I'd do just about anything to be part of your day!
Today, I googled "clown wedding" and found this picture. It is almost identical to the image in my dream.
 
My lovely Ashley.
 
A kind of scary picture of us. See, humor has always been a part of our relationship.
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment