Sunday, October 7, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 19. 21 to go.

19 weeks! Wowzah! We're doing well. Feeling great. I've had some ligament stretching pains this week, but nothing too bad. Elias has been on a growing spree. My belly is getting bigger by the day. I was thinking yesterday that once October is in full swing(starting this week) the Holiday season is going to fly by. Once the holidays are over Elias will be here before we know it!

We finally decided on a middle name this past week. I'd been holding off thinking that Scotty would change his mind, but he's holding strong, so like most things that really matter I've decided to go his way and let him have the name chose. SO, the baby shall be named Elias York Smittle. He says it sounds better and is more original. I'm a little pouty about not using Paul, but it's totally fine.

I still haven't nailed down a car seat I love, but I did check several OFF my list, which helps in the end, I guess. I am planning to take a trip over to baby's r us soon to see all the other brands I can't check out in our local stores.

According to Babycenter.com he can possibly hear our voices now. We love to talk to and read to the babies in the womb. It's so good for bonding, but also so the baby can learn voices. When I was pregnant with Olivia, Manly read every night to her from the Bible. He'd say, "Hello, Baby! This is daddy!" every time before he started to read and when she was born he said that to her while I was holding her and she turned her head to try and find his voice! So sweet!

Babycenter.com also says that his arms and legs are now in the right proportions to each other and the rest of his body. That should be nice for him! Ha! It says he's about the size of an heirloom tomato.

1 comment:

  1. Love the name. I agree, York sounds much more original.

    ReplyDelete