Sunday, November 11, 2012

And then God Put a BED on the Side of the Road

So, my husband recently took the plunge and left his well-paid job with excellent benefits to pursue his dream of being a private practice counselor. I'm so proud of him. He turned 30 this week. 30. And he's beginning to live out his dream. It's been so evident that the Lord is protecting us and providing for us, but this weekend he took it to a whole new level.
Since August we have had several financial set backs. Isaiah's emergency surgery, several deductibles, paying for Elias, and a very pricey medical procedure Scotty has to get next month to name a few. To say that we've been living on a tight budget is the understatement of the year. ANYWAY, we have seen God provide for our needs and honestly haven't had to make too many sacrifices in spite of Scotty getting started in his new practice(which is going REALLY well, I might add).
So, one of the things on my "we need to get this soon" list is a set of bunk beds for Brubbs room. Now that he's going to have a brother he'll FINALLY have a friend in his room! I knew that eventually we'd want to get bunks for his room. I had started to look for them, but with the price of the beds and mattresses I just decided we'd need to get them sometime next year. But you know that the Lord likes to keep us on our toes, right!?
Well, last night, as we were taking the kids to the church for parents night out we noticed a set of bunks on the side of the road with the trash in front of a house. The first time we passed them I just thought that they were probably all broken and in bad shape so I didn't make Scotty stop(like I usually would have). Then we drove back by them two more times that night and I decided that we'd go home and put the kids in bed then I'd send Scotty back out and if they were still there and he thought they looked good he'd bring them home and we'd really check them out. SO, we did that and he brought them home in a pile of boards and mattresses(did I mention there were mattresses too!?)
So, here is Bubby helping his dad bring in the pieces. He was just a LITTLE excited!
 
He wanted a firetruck bed, but decided that this bed would be cool too.

The kids decided to make the bed into an old fashioned schoolhouse. KK got to be the teacher because today was her birthday.

Mia helping daddy with the bed.

SO, turns out the bed is basically new with every single piece. There wasn't a slat or even a screw missing! It's a lot like the ones the girls have only the boyish version. I wanted them to be navy or black, but I'm thinking now we'll get some fun plaid bedding and turn their room into a camp out themed room. It looks really lodgish. I may still paint them, but for now he has a new bed sent down to us from the Lord! Can you BELIEVE it!?!

1 comment: