Sunday, December 16, 2012

Home Brewed Smittle: Week 29. 11 to go.

29 weeks. Yay! I'm really quite uncomfortable, but I think it's mostly because of Eli's current position. I'm working on getting him into a better position by using the tips from spinning babies. This really helps with lots of  aches and pains and balance issues. Pregnant momma's I'd say check it out if you're having problems with any of these issues.
In other news, I keep saying this is a huge baby, but when I visited with my MW this week he is measuring right on target. SO, I guess it's just all in my head. Only time will tell. If I end up birthing a 10 pound baby in the end I guess I'll know I was right. Ha!
I'm upping my calcium this week due to the baby soaking up so much of it for his growing bones. I take this in the form of a cal/mag/zinc horse pill. It makes me feel so much better! I also take a B complex that has lots of goodness in it. This really combats stress and fatigue, so I take it first thing in the morning with my breakfast. I take cranberry tabs for a healthy urinary tract, and recently added d-mannos when a 2nd UTI sprung up a few weeks ago. I do these prenatals. I take them at night because that's the only time I can take them without getting sick at the first of a pregnancy, but after that it just works out better with the other supplements I take. The other thing I do everyday to help me feel better throughout the day is to take a regular probiotic and drink a little kiefer each day. These work together to kick out bad bacteria and rebuild the good bacteria in your system. The kiefer is good for kids too. Mia LOVES it. All the others do too. I get mine at Kroger where they have a good variety of flavors, though strawberry is my favorite. It's a little pricey, but you only need a little each day. These are also good to have on hand when the tummy bug is going around. If I give my kids a probiotic at the first sign of an upset tummy we don't ever have any problems. The kiefer is also a really great natural way to ward off heartburn!! Add a good buffered Vitamin C with rose hips and you are SET. I know that sounds like a lot, but it's a good way to have a healthy pregnancy and a healthy baby!
So, babycenter says that Eli is about the size of a butternut squash. Now that's a food I know something about. LOVE!

No comments:

Post a Comment