Tuesday, December 18, 2012

Sergei Rachmaninov Smittle

I read an article naming the top 10 pianists of all time, and Sergei Rachmaninov was #1. I'm sure he was great, but I'm thinking my Lulu may just someday be greater. After only three and a half months of piano lessons she had her first recital this past weekend. I have been too busy sleeping through nap time the past few days, so this is the first chance I've had to post about it. I was really worried for her because she gets traumatically nervous in front of crowds. So much so that her first time to be part of the homeschool spelling bee ended with her saying she would never want to be part of anything that would mean her being on stage again.
Well, this past summer she had a cute little dancing number as part of the summer musical camp, and I guess it helped with the fear, because this is what she looked like for that. She stole the hearts of several of the leaders and did GREAT at her part.
Anyway, when I found out she'd be having a piano recital so soon after starting lessons my heart was heavy for her, because I wanted her to do well and have a good experience so she wouldn't want to write off lessons all together. She has a sweet piano instructor(actually the same sweet girl that comes to my house each week to keep the littles for me.) who comes into our home and gives her lessons, so it's been such a joy to hear her learn so much in such a little amount of time!
Not only was she able to play both pieces really well, but she played one my memory and one as a duet. I'm so proud of her and glad that her first recital was a HUGE success.
While she was playing. "She played Up on the Housetop" and "Frosty the Snowman."

After she was finished she was really excited for herself for doing well. It made my heart so happy!

Getting her certificate from her piano teacher.

Her teacher with her little crew of students. Have I mentioned she's only 17? Such a great sweet girl!

Afterwards I got a picture of her "playing." She said, "You know mom, you need an action shot!"

And looking at me! BOOO! She looks too old to by my sweet baby!!

Daddy giving her flowers. Look at sweet Brubbs. He said, "You did a really really good job, Oliva!"

Olivia with all of her flowers. Mom and dad are really proud of you, sweet Livi! I can't wait for the next recital and to see how God uses your new skill!

No comments:

Post a Comment